Native Access VST3 plugins show up in Ableton but don't work.

Options
Pitbull
Pitbull Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

If I press delete to remove the plugin from the audio effects track, and try to put it on there again, I see this.

And Ableton crashes.

This happens with Reaktor 6, Supercharger, Replika, Phasis, and Solid Bus Comp. I have not tried any other plugins. All of them are in the same system folder as my other VST3 (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3). I have tried uninstalling the plugins and installing them again, and uninstalling Native Access and installing it again several times. I have also tried installing legacy Native Access, but nothing works.

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 468 Pro
    edited March 19
    Options

This looks very similar to what happens when Ableton tries to load a VST3 version of a library using Kontakt 6. Maybe you have your Kontakt pointing to the wrong Kontakt in Ableton. I had this same thing happen when I loaded an old project that had been built prior to the release of Kontakt 7. In other words Native Access is pointing to VST3 versions, but you're trying to launch it with Kontakt 6.

In my case it didn't crash because I had removed Kontakt 6 from my system so it just came up with all the VSTs not loaded and I just had to replace the reference of Kontakt 6 with Kontakt 7 and it all worked.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,744 mod
    Options

Reaktor 6, Supercharger, Replika, Phasis, and Solid Bus Comp are not Kontakt libraries though so I don't think this is the case here.

The underlying principle is a good idea though - it might be there are old versions of those plugins alongside new ones though. So try to go through plugin folders and delete all copies of this plugins, then reinstall using the latest Native Access

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 468 Pro
    Options

And this is why I'm so glad I removed Kontakt 6 and the older version of KK because Ableton won't allow me to get away with referring to a Kontakt version that doesn't exist on my system.