Jacob Collier - no sound

Options
Noddyliten
Noddyliten Member Posts: 12 Member
edited March 18 in Kontakt

Hi, I just installed this library (downloaded from Native site). But, there is no sound coming when loading library in Kontakt 7. I tried loading Utopia in Kontakt and that is working fine. I can hear sound.

Anybody else had the same issue and a solution to it?

Windows 11

FL Studio, latest version

Best Answer

• GMB
    GMB Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update--- closing and reopening live seemed to fix it.

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,931 mod
    edited March 18
    Options

Does this happen both with Kontakt as stand-alone and in a DAW ? Also what is you Kontakt version and your Native Acces version ?

The Jacob Collier require Kontakt Player version 7.8 and higher or Kontakt version 7.8 and higher

• Noddyliten
    Options

The standalone Kontakt is working. This uses ASIO, FL Studio ASIO driver. Same I have in FL studio.

And when playing the track I'm working on I an hear sounds from the other plugins. Just not tje Jacob Collier one from within FL Studio.

• Noddyliten
    Options

It's almost like it does not find the sounds. There is almost nothing going on in the Kontakt CPU bar an nothing showing in the Tune bar on top right when pressing the keys.

• PoorFellow
    edited March 18
    Options

@Jeremy_NI , could you please take a look ?, Quote user :

Jacob Collier works with standalone Kontakt that uses ASIO, FL Studio ASIO driver. Same as user have in FL studio.

And when playing the track I'm working on I an hear sounds from the other plugins. Just not tje Jacob Collier one from within FL Studio.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,778 mod
    Options

@Noddyliten Does this happen with any other Kontakt library or instrument?

Do you get sound when you press the keys on the onscreen keyboard?

In Kontakt when in FL Studio, please go to VIEW, choose Rack View, make sure to show the Outputs,

Select "Reset output section for VST3 plug-in.

Do you have sound now?

• Noddyliten
    Options

Nope, did not work.

The strange thing is that when loading the library in Kontakt, immediately after loading the library I can hear a sound, choir sound. But after that split second it's gone. And then, when pressing the keys no sound is coming.

• PoorFellow
    Options

Have you tried using another ASIO driver or (or 'god forbid') the not so popular not really an ASIO driver ASIO driver ASIO4ALL for Kontakt instead ? Just to see if that makes any difference !

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Noddyliten Any update on that one? Have you found a fix or do you still need some help?

• GMB
    Options

Just installed this library. Same problem. No sound. Other Kontakt vst's work fine.

• GMB
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update--- closing and reopening live seemed to fix it.

• Noddyliten
    Options

Nope, but it's naging me about a license, even when it was supposed to be for free. So I have give up on this one:(

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Noddyliten It is free, the license thing is probably another issue, can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Do you have sound on other Kontakt libraries?

I dealt with a case recently where some Kontakt instruments were silent in a DAW. This is what fixed it:

Open Kontakt in standalone, make sure you select a valid audio driver (ASIO for Windows and Coreaudio for Mac)

Go to View, choose Rack view, then in View, choose Outputs, then click on REset output section for standalone, then Save Current output secrtion state as default for All Formats