Bass Instruments

Options
Allen Murphy
Allen Murphy Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello!

Somebody please give me a hand I'm new to Native Instruments. I purchased Komplete Kontrol 14 Standard edition last week. I wanted fully playable libraries of studio basses, definitely NOT loops or pre made patterns! What do I need to have access to this? I have the Rickenbaker sounds, is that it? Am I approaching this wrong? Apologies for what is probably a very basic question! Point me in the right direction please. Does Bass Icon allow me to bypass all loops and patterns and play in my lines?

Thanks very much,

Allen

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    edited March 14
    Options

Komplete Kontrol 14 Standard has plenty of good instruments that can be used for bass (without loops etc.):

Massive, Monark, Super 8, FM8, Reaktor and more!

Check them here:

Note for bass: If you want to avoid loops and patterns, i suggest that you should avoid Kontakt libraries (for start), and focus on the synths mentioned above. Later, when you become more familiar with NI stuff, you can explore those options too.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,603 Expert
    Options

If you are using Komplete Kontrol, you can simply select the BASS tag then if you are looking for acoustic bass sounds, select the Acoustic character and preview until you find a sound you like. That way you don't even need to learn all the plugins and content, it is the biggest benefit to Komplete Kontrol.

• Allen Murphy
    Allen Murphy Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks for your response. I am clearly not set up properly. My 1st time with Native Instruments system. I 1st purchased Kontact 7, then added Komplete 14 Standard Edition, the set up has been a nightmare for me. I get messages:

1. I need to upgrade from old version of Kontact even though I've purchased the new one on it's own. never had an old version.
    2. I use Studio One 6.5 with M1 Mac. I see signal in S1 channel but no audio from Kontact, Komplete Kontrol
    3. I previously got signal and audio. In Battery 4 I can only play 1 drum instrument across the whole keyboard, a midi setting I have changed?

I've been online a fair bit, any advice appreciated.

Allen

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Allen Murphy That's a lot of different questions that have little to do with the original thread but I understand, you're new to this. Glad I stumbled upon your post.

1. If you get this kind of errors for Kontakt, make sure that you have installed the latest update in Native Access. If you still get the same message, then it could be an issue with VST administration: VST Plug-in Administration on Windows Computers [VIDEO]
    2. Is everything functional in Kontakt in standalone? Have you tried to setup a multiple output for Kontakt in your DAW at some point?
    3. For Battery I don't really understand the issue, is it happening with any kit?