Separating vocal tracks through headphone output

O. Palme
O. Palme Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 22 in Maschine

Hello. I need help! I'm using Maschine Mk3 and the Maschine 2 player software. Have been trying to figure out how to send a single Group (with vocals) through a separate output from the rest of my tracks. I'm using Garageband and recording live tracks on a separate computer, so ideally I would like to record on two tracks, one with the music tracks and one with my vocals.

So my questions is basically this. What steps (step by step) should I take in order to get (for example Group 1) to go out separately through the headphone outlet and not be heard/included in the main mix that goes out through the stereo main output?

Happy to explain more if needed. And thanks for helping!

Sincerely, O. Palme

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,262 mod
    edited March 13 Answer ✓

Preferences>Hardware - Disable "Route Main to Headphones" (this allows sending things separately from headphones and main Line Out)

Preferences>Audio - Make sure the MK3/M+ interface is selected and Outputs 1 and 2 are correctly set up.

On each Group Audio Output select either Ext-1 or Ext-2.

Done.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 3,262 mod
    edited March 13 Answer ✓

Preferences>Hardware - Disable "Route Main to Headphones" (this allows sending things separately from headphones and main Line Out)

Preferences>Audio - Make sure the MK3/M+ interface is selected and Outputs 1 and 2 are correctly set up.

On each Group Audio Output select either Ext-1 or Ext-2.

Done.

This discussion has been closed.