Options

Comments

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 132 Advisor
    Options
  • Crackpot Castle
    Crackpot Castle Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I’ll try to find it back, it was in febuary !

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 183 Helper
    Options

USB storage transfer data between Storage and Maschine+....I have more about Maschine as Software but it's April 1.😶‍🌫️🤳

• Kryosleep
    Kryosleep Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Please make it possible to turn off the Maschine+ when in controller mode. Currently it´s just restarting, when pressing the File/Power Button. Always unplugging the USB cable could damage the USB port over time.

My biggest gripe with Maschine is it´s way of handling external audio.

It would be incredible if you could record straight to an audio track, like in traditional DAWs.

Using the Sampler each time for recording seems counter intuitive and time consuming.

It also would be great if Maschine could auto-switch between multiple VST-Instances in a DAW, when arming a track.

I´m keeping my hopes up for meaningful updates because Maschine, as great as it is, could be so much more powerful.

Thanks NI team for your work!

• Psyearth5
    Options

Use MIDI 5pin Cable and route from out to in on Maschine Plus and you will be able to trigger Lock States via notes and record them and precisely place them on linear Time Line in Pattern or Arrange mode. Very useful for saving CPU , for save multiple instruments in one project and call them at the same time while you turning OFF others . To ne this is very useful and makes my workflow faster.

• johnblaze
    johnblaze Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I would like to see a link groups feature added. Basically if you slice a sample into more than 16 slices and apply to group A the other slices would automatically go to groups B, C etc. Also there should be a way to turn it on if I had 2 groups loaded and wanted to link pads etc across groups.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 620 Guru
    edited April 9
    Options

so when did this thread become another wishlisting thread?

• Syngularity
    Syngularity Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I don't wanna make promo for the new Walve Alchemy Triaz vst3, but for the workflow on the midi site that was exactly what I did wish for, many years.

Various steps per lane within a pattern (euclidean) is important today, as note ratcheting and smart propability options - not only for commercial purposes, also for experimental and sound design things.

And a simpler midi routing - maybe in the way of midi ports, as available in Steinberg's Groove Agent for many years now.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    edited April 16
    Options

🤣 Nearly everything NI staffs posts becames a wishlist thread.

If i go an delete every offtopic comment then there are no comments, kind of sad tbh

• jkq2010
    jkq2010 Member Posts: 29 Helper
    Options

Absolutely agree, the tempo and time sig variations is so obvious I cant believe after ten years this still hasn't been addressed. Maschine allows for spontaneity in away no other DAW does but it also causes roadblocks for similar reasons! I honestly think smoother automation, tempo and time sig variation alone would significantly improve the song making experience as well as integration with other DAWS if required.

• cal
    cal Member Posts: 12 Helper
    Options

I think starting at small, incremental improvements is the way to go. Automation ALWAYS gets mentioned and I genuinely find it hard to believe that coding something that allows us to draw straight lines/ramps would be too difficult. Also when you move a note in the piano roll, there should be an option to hear the note sound out so you have a better idea of what your doing. This one is prtobably trickier but have the sampler use the same time stretch facility as the audio tracks so it can be done in real time (that one might be more complex but NI has the tech in the software already, it just needs shared between Audio and Sampler)

Start off with small things like that, little QOL stuff that would go a long way to assuaging some of the concerns of the community that this isnt just another dead end fact finding excercise because we all know there have been quite a few of those. Poor D-One worked his ass off on the last forum collating a bunch of well categorized improvements and that just got abandoned for no apparent reason. Start putting out iterations with small improvements and go from there. We all want to see Maschine max out its full potential but lets just start out with what appear to be the simple things first.No need to reinvent the wheel…yet.

• Psyearth5
    Options

Just do it, having a choice is only a good thing to choose Pad or Group . That's it.

• Psyearth5
    Options

I use Lock States for controlling everything I want and I control it inside Maschine in Keyboard Mode and the best thing is it's easy to place Lock States on linear Time Line accurately to make the impossible. Try it maybe Automation is concept but without trying other you won't know. 5PIN MIDI Cable from Out to In and it's crazy

• nickstomp
    nickstomp Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

the feature section is closed we cannot add new suggestions