Are old Libraries running on new Komplete Versions?

Options
Beat25
Beat25 Member Posts: 10 Newcomer

Hi,

I did a few projects using Komplete 11 and Kontakt 5.

When I update to Komplete 11 / 12 / 13... (normal Version) and delete Komplete 11, can I be sure, that all libraries I was using previous are still running on Komplete 11 / 12 / 13?

Thank you in advance

Best Answer

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,137 Expert
    edited March 8 Answer ✓
    Options

"Komplete" is just the bundle name for the various products that it contains. You can't delete it.

If you update to Komplete 13 while already owning 11 and 12, then you will retain the products from earlier versions because all that you get with newer versions are new/additional products. Nothing gets taken away.

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,137 Expert
    edited March 8 Answer ✓
    Options

"Komplete" is just the bundle name for the various products that it contains. You can't delete it.

If you update to Komplete 13 while already owning 11 and 12, then you will retain the products from earlier versions because all that you get with newer versions are new/additional products. Nothing gets taken away.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,931 mod
    edited March 8
    Options

Quote : "I did a few projects using Komplete 11 and Kontakt 5"

Eh ! , you being on Mac , not even giving OS version information, I am not sure. And even if knowing hardware and OS I knows too little about Mac and compatibility..

As Monochrome says then you will retain the products from earlier versions so your libraries maybe ought to appear , though some apps only as (not supported?) legacy ? But if you have projects where you used VST2 then only VST3 is installed I think with new Komplete Kontrol 3.xx though you can choose to stay on VST2 including version 2.9.X , also some libraries has been updated , though some of these updated has download with support for old Kontakt versions as file downloads then the new versions of same library require newer Kontakt version. I think that projects saved in some older Kontakt versions (at least V6 ) can be opened in Kontakt 7 , but I have seen enough discussions about DAWs and opening Kontakt projects to know that sometimes it requires opening and assigning instruments if coming from , I dunno , K5 ?..