Komplete 13 bundle upgrade license transfer question

Doingmybest
Doingmybest Member Posts: 12 Member
edited October 22 in Komplete General

Hi all, hope this isn't a dumb question.

I've purchased the S61 Mk 3 and want to sell and transfer the licence for my MK2.

I want to make sure to not make any mistakes in the process that will effect my current use of KOMPLETE 14 ULTIMATE Upgrade for KOMPLETE.

I'm looking to transfer KOMPLETE 13 Upgrade for KSelect and KOMPLETE KONTROL S61 MK2 HW.

Thanks in advance

Best Answers

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,624 mod
    Answer ✓

Details on what happens when you buy/sell NI products is here - Buying or Selling a Native Instruments Product Second-Hand – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

If you're not sure after reading that the best idea would be to submit a support request. Support staff can look at all your products and check upgrade chains. Account support is here - Purchase & Account – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)

• Doingmybest

Thank you.

• Doingmybest

I’ve requested the licence transfer as advised and supplied his email but have heard nothing after a week. He’s not heard either. How long does the process typically take?

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,191 mod
    Answer ✓

If you received a ticket confirmation then ticket has been made , if support takes longer than a week to respond then politely update your ticket ! However please notice that support does not work weekends and holidays and that it is both at the moment (Easter) which might cause further delay !

• Doingmybest

okay. Will see what happens on Tuesday.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 3,009 Expert

@Doingmybest

If I understand well to what you wrote… You have:

KOMPLETE KONTROL S61 MK2 HW

KOMPLETE 13 Upgrade for KSelect

KOMPLETE 14 ULTIMATE Upgrade for KOMPLETE

S61 Mk 3

And want to sell:

KOMPLETE KONTROL S61 MK2 HW

KOMPLETE 13 Upgrade for KSelect

and keep:

KOMPLETE 14 ULTIMATE Upgrade for KOMPLETE

S61 Mk 3

You cannot do it.

Unless you have licence for KOMPLETE (Base Product for KOMPLETE 14 ULTIMATE Upg.). It might come bundled with S61 MK3…

• Doingmybest

I had purchased Komplete 14 Ultimate before I got the S61 MK3, so all should be good.

• PoorFellow

It is as Kubrak tried to explain in the above : if your KOMPLETE 14 ULTIMATE were an Upgrade for KOMPLETE (Standard) and your KOMPLETE 13 (Standard) is an Upgrade for KSelect then you can not transfer the upgrade to Komplete (Standard) and then retain the use of any upgrade that builds on the Standard version that you are removing. It's like a skyscraper , you can not remove any floor in-between once it is built , you have to either transfer the whole 'skyscraper' or start dismantling from the top !

• Doingmybest

ooh dear but thank you.

I've totally misunderstood the instructions. I didn't want to mislead the purchaser but it looks like I have.

• Doingmybest
    edited April 4

Thanks for the clarity Poorfellow.

The guy has purchased the K14 upgrade. Of course he can't use it as no base product. which product should he get as the base product please?

• PoorFellow
    edited April 4 Answer ✓

The guy has purchased the K14 upgrade.

??? , 'The K14 upgrade' is not a specific description. Name of the upgrade should tell what he needs ! Like e.g. KOMPLETE 14 STANDARD Upgrade for KSelect (needs Select as 'base' for upgrade) or KOMPLETE 14 Ultimate Upgrade for KOMPLETE (Needs Standard as base for upgrade !)

Also please notice that there are a difference between an Update and an Upgrade where the update is from same product tier to same product tier newer version. While the Upgrade is to higher tier from lower tier version of same generation or previous generation.

You can study it all by looking at the K14 bundle compare page and scroll down to where it is shown (where the prices are shown)

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,414 Expert

As per your first post, if you sold your KOMPLETE 14 ULTIMATE Upgrade for KOMPLETE, the base product is any previous version of Komplete 8-14

• Doingmybest

He has the upgrade for k14 standard

• Doingmybest
    edited April 4

Okay so he’s bought Komplete 14 standard update from K 2 to 13.

so he’d need any base product (not update or upgrade) from 2 to 13 is this correct?

I don’t think anyone sells anything under k14

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 268 Advisor

As far as I understand this if you upgraded from komplete 13 ultimate to 14 ultimate then you can't sell komplete 13 ultimate with the keyboard. Komplete 13 was the upgrade path to 14, you would only be eligible to sell it with komplete 14 which would mean you no longer have ownership and wouldn't be able to use it once the licence has been transferred. You can only sell it with komplete 13 select and you will still own 14 ultimate.

This discussion has been closed.