Automation not working when using knobs on Komplete Kontrol mk2 in Maschine

Options
emjay
emjay Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Hi, I just purchased a Maschine Mikro

I try to record an automation int he software. I can move all parameters with the knobs on my Komplete Kontrol 88 Mk2 in plugin mode. However, automations do not get recorded this way – only when I change the parameter using the mouse?! I enabled the Auto Button on the Maschine and it's lit up. What am I doing wrong here?

Regards,

Jonathan

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@emjay Recording automations with a Komplete Kontrol mk2 keyboard works in Maschine in standalone. You need to push the AUTO button on the keyboard and not on the Maschine Mikro.

Answers

• zeoka
    zeoka Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

It is not possible with Kore , Guitar Rig Kontrol or Komplete Kontrol , the only way is to use Maschine in a DAW , you have to map manualy parameters in Maschine and it is possible that's not working with some DAW

In Zenbeat or Bitwig it's working .

If you use this workflow you have then real automations across patterns or scene and not modulations (it is the name of relative pattern automations )

• emjay
    Options

WHAT?!? That makes no sense at all. I mean I AM able to turn the knob, so clearly some midi signals are being sent. So you want to tell me I can change the Knobs using the Potties on my Kontrol but I can't use them to automate? Make it make sense... If that's the case I'd consider this a huge bug in Maschine Software

Maybe I'll send my Maschine back. This is a huge downside for me

Thanks for the response though!

• emjay
    Options

Actually maybe you got me wrong. I didn't mean just any DAW but the Maschine Standalone Software OR the plugin. It should be possible, no?

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 335 Advisor
    Options

Yeah same here

• emjay
    Options

So maybe we should bug report then? Unless they are doing this on purpose which I wouldn't want to believe... do any developers read the forums?

And even if it's possible somehow, well than it's a serious UI issue I guess :D

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@emjay Recording automations with a Komplete Kontrol mk2 keyboard works in Maschine in standalone. You need to push the AUTO button on the keyboard and not on the Maschine Mikro.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,755 mod
    Options

What’s the plugin you want to control - give us an example

• emjay
    Options

Ahhh, there is an auto button on the mk2 that I have to press! Okay, I will try it out when I have the time. Thank you!