Why oh Why Did I Update my Cloud Supply via Native Access??? Now I am Hosed

Options
David Willis
David Willis Member Posts: 26 Member

I should've known better, but in a fit of optimism I upgraded to the latest Kontakt Player and Cloud Supply and now when I open any Cloud Supply patch, I get the "missing content" error. 652 missing samples! Of course these samples do not exist anywhere on any of my hard drives. And every patch I load seems to be just fine without them...

sigh

Do not update Cloud Supply!

Tagged:

Comments

• Tonikroos
    Tonikroos Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Ugh, I know the feeling. I've been there myself, wondering why on earth I decided to update my Cloud Supply via Native Access. It's like a rollercoaster of emotions—first, there's the excitement of getting the latest features and improvements, but then it's quickly followed by the frustration of encountering unexpected issues or changes that disrupt my workflow.

Sometimes, updates can be a mixed bag, and it's hard to predict how they'll impact your setup until you've already taken the plunge. But hey, at least we're in this together, right? Hopefully, we can troubleshoot any issues that arise and get things back on track. And who knows, maybe the update will end up being totally worth it in the long run. Here's hoping, anyway.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,111 mod
    Options

Hello,

can you give a bit more details, from what kontakt version to what you updated, what DAW do you use and have you tried to open kontakt stand alone first?

• David Willis
    Options

Yes, standalone as well. Mac Ventura. Studio One 6.5.2,

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,111 mod
    Options

And what kontakt version? I guess 7.8.1. have you given full disk access to native access, and have you changed the standard installation folder for the libraries.

• David Willis
    Options

Latest Kontakt 7.8.1 and of course the folder has changed to an external drive -- who keeps all those samples on the internal drive? ;)

It's working for all other Kontakt instruments on external drives, just not Cloud Supply. Although I haven't checked out everything yet -- I have a lot of them. Yes, full disk access, etc. I've gone over all the useless help suggestions from NI which are sadly out of date. They tell you to "repair" in Native Access and THERE IS NO REPAIR OPTION FOR INDIVIDUAL INSTALLATIONS in Native ACCESS. There's "repair all" which does nothing.

Changing the sound files to internal drive is simply not an option.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,387 mod
    Options

...use Native Access 2 ☺️

• David Willis
    Options

LOL. Did you see my other post and you're teasing me? I jsut stumbled onto Native Access 2 and installed it and that fixed the issue.

WHY DIDN'T I GET A NOTICE IN NATIVE ACCESS 1 TO UPDATE IT? Sheesh.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,387 mod
    edited March 8
    Options

Yep, i have to admit! I saw your other post 😊

...and when i saw it i was like... "is he serious now? Native Access 1"?

btw, you didn't got a notice because Native Access 2 was not an update, but an entirely new app!