Can Komplete 14 owners get the 3 free plugins on offer to new purchasers of 14?

Options

Comments

• bloodysnare
    bloodysnare Member Posts: 14 Helper
    Options

I would understand if the new products were part of an iteration of Komplete that you didn't own, but it makes little sense for owners of Komplete 14 to not have access to instruments added to Komplete 14. Bad business.

• LX World
    LX World Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

A kick in the teeth indeed! What is there these days for loyalty?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,150 Expert
    edited March 10
    Options

Well, here's the thing: They're not added to Komplete 14. It's just a "buy one toothpaste and get a free toothbrush" kind of deal.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,082 Guru
    Options

Since when is anything ever "added" to Komplete 14?

The only time you can ever get anything "extra" is like now - with this "promo deal" as a first time user OR an upgrade (like going from K14->K15) as an existing user.

But just because I bought Komplete 14 in 2023 - does not make anything released since then - part of Komplete 14.

VP

• red_nick
    red_nick Member Posts: 104 Member
    edited March 11
    Options

It's a bit like complaining that something is on sale now, give me back the percentage on what I spent. There's almost always some kind of deal on. Either you get some free plugins, or a discount, or a deal with hardware (or occasionally you might have paid full price without anything extra). It was your decision to buy at that particular time.

• vinvision
    vinvision Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

There is a point when you can't upgrade. I already own the highest package. They've given me no opition to get the three new modules. Unless I repurchase. I don't think people are asking for free stuff as much as they're just asking to be included reasonably.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,241 mod
    edited March 15
    Options

Quote Matt_NI : if you already own K14 since a while and did not purchase it like super close to the announcement of this campaign then you would not receive additional instruments. This is a time specific offer and applicable on purchases made during that time.

Also ; The three plugins in question are not given as part of the K14 bundle but given with the purchase of the K14 bundle !

• Megasremixos
    Megasremixos Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I upgraded to komplete14 ce about 4 weeks ago before I saw the announcement. I emailed support but haven’t heard back (assuming they don’t work weekends). I would feel a little burned that I bought it so close to the announcement and could have waited a few weeks to be eligible for the new additions.

• PoorFellow
    Options

I don't work for N.I. and have no say and 'I hear you' but I personally would be surprised if they let purchases that far back before qualify. Without having asked then I think that the "super close to the announcement of this campaign" that Matt_NI refers to is a few days not a few weeks. But of course I don't know what support will say so best of luck to you !

• Megasremixos
    Options
  • Megasremixos
    Options

They said only for purchases made 03/06-04/03. No grace period

• PoorFellow
    Options

Thank you sharing ! From what Matt_NI write with respect to 'super close to the announcement' then NI is not going to let very many qualify , and they are also not going to spill the beans with respect to exactly how close to the period your eventual purchase would have had to have been , and in any case then they are also not going to tell someone who in their 'rule book' does not qualify anyway !

So I am really not surprised that weeks before does not qualify. My personal guess is that you would have had to buy the bundle as close as maybe a day or two at max before to qualify !

• ReverendLove
    ReverendLove Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Nope. It isn't a question of cold french fries-

It is a question of caring for loyal customers,

Steibverg does it right: https://www.steinberg.net/promotion/

They say: "Save 30% on Cubase

and get premium partner products at no cost!

Whether you're switching from another DAW, diving into music production with Cubase or updating to version 13, you can now save 30% on all updates, upgrades and full versions. This offer is available online at the Steinberg shop and at your local retailer from March 26, 2024, to April 28, 2024.

But wait, there's more! As a bonus, every Cubase Pro 13, Artist 13, and Elements 13 customer will get access to premium partner products at no cost! Activation and coupon codes will be stored in the Vouchers section of your MySteinberg account, unlocking products from Universal Audio, Native Instruments, Softube, Klevgr, Splice, Celemony, Plug-in Boutique, Cinematique Instruments, Image Sounds and Steinberg."

• ReverendLove
    ReverendLove Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

BTW

Guitar Rig 7 Essential is patt of Steinberg's promotion

• Bubba Satori
    Bubba Satori Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I'm the OP.

As others have said, it's not about wanting free fries. I purchased 14CE last summer and can't upgrade to a higher tier to qualify for the offer. Fine, I understand. What I don't understand is not even allowing for a slight discount on the three plugins as a gesture of appreciation to a customer. It's not the end of the world, but I'm disappointed in NI's attitude.