How can I get the mod wheel to control the wah?

Options
Bay-B Joey
Bay-B Joey Member Posts: 8 Member

When the instrument is de activated and I can midi learn the mod wheel to the guitar rig wah but when I turn the instrument back on, the mod wheel only controls the vibrato on the electric mint guitar. I want the mod wheel to only control the wah and use another knob to control vibrato. I dont want to use the modifiers to control the wah because I would like to control it freely.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

You simply need to right click the slider, choose learn, move the modwheel.

Thing is the modwheel will always emit MIDI CC1, a lot of synths or plug-ins will also react to this MIDI information.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,942 Guru
    edited March 6
    Options

I found a forum that was talking about that thing of controlling the effect with MIDI Controller's mod wheel.

Using a MIDI Controller's Mod Wheel with NI Guitar Rig Pro 5 - Gearspace

Let me know if it helped, good sir.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

You simply need to right click the slider, choose learn, move the modwheel.

Thing is the modwheel will always emit MIDI CC1, a lot of synths or plug-ins will also react to this MIDI information.

• Bay-B Joey
    Bay-B Joey Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I tried that already. I can only midi learn the mod wheel to the wah when the instrument(electric mint) is deactivated. The mod wheel only lets me control the vibrato on the electric mint. I might have to just stick to the using the regular knobs to control the wah or buy an expression pedal if I cant figure this out.