Komplete Kontrol 3.0 glitches after update

Options
JM (C)
JM (C) Member Posts: 4 Member
edited March 4 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi there. After I updated to Komplete Kontrol 3.0, I've been having a lot of issues, and no update has solved the problem yet. (3.1.2 currently)

1. My Kontrol keyboard S25 is not integrated. I can still play and record, (It's recognized as a MIDI instrument) but all of the nobs, important buttons such as browse button, navigating, and also colors on keys do not work.

2. When working with Logic Pro in host mode, sudden beeps and noises occur, that force me to reset my sound interface. This is the only thing that stops it, until the next glitch happens every 5-10 minutes. Also, there are many crashes that cause immediate shut down of Logic. 

Is there any way to solve this issue? It's really frustrating, damaging my workflow and causes delays.

When I used Komplete 2.9 via Rosetta everything worked just fine. (I tried using it again via Rosetta but it didn't help.)

I use MacOs Monterey 12.2, Logic Pro 10.7.2, MOTU Audio Express audio interface.

Best Answers

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 946 Guru
    edited March 4
    Options

Not understanding the question here as "After I updated to Komplete Kontrol 2.3" - means you are wayyyy in the past. Komplete Kontrol 2.3 was years ago.

Did you mean Komplete Kontrol v3.12? Or something in the KK v3 series?

If tiy did install Komplete Kontrol v3.x- we would then need to understand what version of A25 you have - and it sounds to me like it's the MK 1 series - if so - Komplete Kontrol v3 is not supported for that device.

You can only go as high as Komplete Kontrol 2.9.6 on both MK1 and MKII series keyboards.

This was communicated widely back in Oct 2023 with the retirement of the MK1 series.

VP

• JM (C)
    Options

you’re right I’m sorry I’ll fix the question. I meant 3.12.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 859 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

KK 3 does not support Kontrol S MK1. For that, you need to remain on KK 2.9.6

• JM (C)
    Options

So I need to downgrade? What is the correct way of doing this? Should I uninstall 3.0 first? How are all of my libraries will be in place again?

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 946 Guru
    Options
  • JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    edited March 4
    Options

That would be pointless if he has an MK1 keyboard. V3 is simply not something you want installed at all if you only have an MK1 keyboard. NA should be smart enough to not update KK to V3 for MK1 registered owners

Why NI decided to remove V2 and place V3 in there as the only option is insane given it cannot be used by some users. How many users will keep doing an "update all" only to find their V2 for their MK1 was again, replaced. That needs to be fixed IMO.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,769 mod
    Options

Yes , thank you for reminding me ! I think I also got confused because I didn't spot any reference to the MK number , but of course if S25 then I think that it would have to be MK1. I will edit my post ! Thank you !

• JM (C)
    Options

ok then, thank you, I’ll install the old one. Can someone tell me if I got the idea of un/reinstalling right: manually delete new Komplete from MACHD>applications, install old Komplete via download file (instead of Native Access), open Komplete as standalone and let it scan all of my libraries, open it in DAW and oh yes everything is back to normal?…