No sound from Komplete Kontrol - bug or normal?

Options
McClaneonfire
McClaneonfire Member Posts: 148 Member

Hello everyone,

I can't get a sound by clicking on the "screen keyboard" when loading any library in Komplete Kontrol 3.1.2

When using just Kontakt 7 it works.

Now my question: am senile or was it always like that??? Is it mandatory to have a Hardware Keyboard connected to get a sound from KK?

System MacOs 13

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,778 mod
    edited March 21 Answer ✓
    Options

Bug is filed under this reference: KBDSW-7875

If you load an instrument from the browser inside Kontakt (inside of Komplete Kontrol), then you can play the keys, so it's most likely related to the NKS2 implementation.

@McClaneonfire Thanks for raising the issue.

Answers

• McClaneonfire
    Options

KK standalone (not tested inside a DAW)

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,931 mod
    Options

Did you do something basic like checking the Audio driver settings in the preferences in Edit menu ? Also if you click on one of the three little icons on the top middle of interface and then click again then either of the times then down left a volume control appears and you can also check that that is not tuned all the way down !

Else does this problem also exist if you click on the list of sounds down to the right in Komplete Kontrol app ?

• McClaneonfire
    Options

You mean this here? Well it's good I think.

And regarding the preset List in KK: they work and give prelisten-sounds.

Thank you for the fast help! In some days I'll get my keyboard S61 mk3 back and will test it again with the hardware. Maybe I'm overseeing sth. here...

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 481 Pro
    Options

I think it's a very high probability you don't have your audio drivers set correctly in KK. Those are set separately from what's configured in Kontakt.

• McClaneonfire
    Options

Hmm, it set up for the output I want it to but no sound. I also tried my Audiointerface Motu M4, also no sound.

• McClaneonfire
    Options

I mean clicking the presets before loading an instrument gives sound ;)

• McClaneonfire
    Options

Also:

is the colorization / keybed division by colors shown or not in KK (as it is in Kontakt)?

Appears to me like Kontakt is not loaded in the right way inside KK maybe...

• McClaneonfire
    Options

Ha: Battery does work!!!

• McClaneonfire
    Options

So this seems to be "Kontakt inside KK" related.

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    edited March 2
    Options

There seems to be a bug in this library. The keyboard should be color coded with the keys functions, but they're not. Makes me think the keyboard is not properly connected in the Kontakt instrument. Note: this bug only seems to impact the virtual keyboard. The library functions properly when played with a MIDI keyboard.

Click the the wrench icon in the upper left underneath KO. Then simply click it again. Now the virtual keyboard will work.

• McClaneonfire
    Options

When I click the wrench / gear button (which icon depends on the library) I get another bug:

one click - the whole Kontakt gets "little" - another click it gets big again, nothing can be used. I remember not to long ago that I discussed that (or maybe similar) bug, too:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/18407/kontakt-7-7-switching-to-single-view-closes-the-whole-surface#latest

So I'm not any further. Still -> Thank you @reffahcs !

• McClaneonfire
    Options

Ahahaaaa I'm losing it:

After the my last post I clicked some time around with the "Kontakt getting tiny and big" bug then somehow could actually click the closing-cross in Kontakt to close the library.

THEN: I loaded a library again AND -> it works, colored / divided keybed, sound - everything fine.

Support, PLEASE look into this: MacOs 13.6.4 / latest Kontakt & KK.

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    Options

I get the same blank screen

If I click

You need to click

Which will get you this

Also, it's better if you don't use Komplete Kontrol to open a Kontakt Instrument. This seems to work fine when opened directly from Kontakt. No need to add an extra layer on top of Kontakt by opening it from within Komplete Kontrol until you get your MK3 keyboard and need to use play assist.

• McClaneonfire
    Options

I closed KK completely, restarted it:

same behaviour reproducable:

1. any library is loaded without keybed colors / sound
    2. I close via the right top x of Kontakt
    3. I load a library again and - everything works as expected

Since I have the mk3 keyboard it is quite nice to have that instrument overview with KK and switch between the keyboard screen and the computer. So palease look into it.

• McClaneonfire
    Options

Well you're right, I will use Kontakt directly till KK works again. I just like to have that overview. It gives me the feeling of being able to switch and compare easier.

Happy weekend🥁