What to do about Kontakt 7 error in FL Studio?

Options
Adi Draghici
Adi Draghici Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Hello, I have a problem. Every time I scan for plugins in FL Studio, an error appears, and I don't understand why. I recently purchased it and followed the instructions in the provided video for installation. Did I do something wrong? What could be the cause? I have already tried re-installing Kontakt 7 - same issue.

ps: Kontakt 7 AU works, but I don't understand the other one.

I am using a MacBook Pro M1. Also, is it normal that it's only available in this format? I would like to have it in VST3 or does Kontakt not support that?

So I'm looking for an urgent solution.

Best Answers

• Adi Draghici
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have solved the issue. I reinstalled it and added the folder to FL Studio so that it can find Kontakt. It worked! However, I have AU and VST3 versions. Do I need the AU version on Mac?

• haysm
    haysm Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Adding my solution to this thread after hours of searching in case anyone else has this problem:

After double-clicking the row with the error for Kontakt 7 VST3 (to get the view in OP's second pic), I set the Type from (unknown) to Synth, and the error suddenly went away. The VST3 version now loads just fine for me

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

Kontakt 7 vst3 should also work. Are you able to open the Kontakt 7 standalone application? All functional there?

Are you running FL Studio in Rosetta mode? Do FL Studio and Kontakt have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• Adi Draghici
    Options

Yes, I have activated full access, and the Kontakt 7 Standalone application is working. Additionally, I am not using Rosetta Mode. However, I have activated it and checked if the problem is resolved, but no, it was not fixed.

Do I need to possibly insert the path in FL, so that it recognizes that I have installed Kontakt?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Adi Draghici Did you move any of the VST3 files after installation? Created folders there? Are you able to load other VST3s in FL Studio?

• Adi Draghici
    Options

No I haven't changed anything, and I haven't created anything. Additionally, I can easily add other VST3 files.

• Adi Draghici
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have solved the issue. I reinstalled it and added the folder to FL Studio so that it can find Kontakt. It worked! However, I have AU and VST3 versions. Do I need the AU version on Mac?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Adi Draghici Thanks for the update. On Mac, and on most DAWs you can use both. For example Logic will only use AU plug-ins. Since the plugin files are not heavy, I'd recommend to leave these on your system, in case of you need them further down the rod.

• haysm
    haysm Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Adding my solution to this thread after hours of searching in case anyone else has this problem:

After double-clicking the row with the error for Kontakt 7 VST3 (to get the view in OP's second pic), I set the Type from (unknown) to Synth, and the error suddenly went away. The VST3 version now loads just fine for me