Drum Lab Exports

Options
Keon_te
Keon_te Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Is it possible to export individual sounds from Drum Lab in Maschine?

Tagged:

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,209 mod
    Options

I don't think you can directly export the sounds. If you want to save a particular sound as a WAV you could sample them back into Maschine using the internal sampler then save them as WAV files.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited February 27
    Options

Technically it should be possible for any Drum instrument if you route them to individual Pads first... Kontakt supports Multi-Output and you can configure the other 15 empty Maschine Pads to receive Audio from those Outs.

If you click the slots in Drum Lab a drop-down arrow shows up to select a specific Output:

Having multi-out in Kontakt might require doing this first:

And saving "Current State" as "Default", at least it did for me altho I don't need it for more modern NI Drum Instruments for some reason...

Then just select those Outs on the Inputs of some empty Pads, and export>sound for individual stuff works... kind of, for some reason, everything still goes through channel-1/master, no idea why. Also, not all drum pieces in Drum lLab have the arrow down to select output for some reason, not sure if this is because Drum Lad is old or what... Someone more well-versed in Kontakt will have to chime in.

Example Project Attached in case anyone wants to have a look:

I only routed the Snare and Hat to Pad 2 and 3 to keep it simple.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,209 mod
    Options

Ah I was thinking "export" as "export as an audio file" rather than "export to DAW as separate tracks". Export to DAW makes more sense really!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited February 27
    Options

Same thing, if a Plugin's outputs are routed to Pads then "Export as Audio" using "Sound (pad)" as the Source will export all Pads AKA the outs of Kontakt individually.

I guess you can call that  "export to DAW as separate tracks".