FR: Option to use the Cue output as external FX send (avoid muting the signal sent to main)

Options
Infrabass
Infrabass Member Posts: 39 Member

Hi NI,

I just realized sending signals to the cue output mutes the signal sent to the main output and I can't find an option to change this behaviour.

I might be wrong but I think the majority of Maschine users don't use the cue output as a DJ would but more like a 2nd stereo output.

Having the possibility to route signals to the cue outputs ON TOP OF the main output would allow us to use the cue feature as a pretty cool FX send!

Although we can currently use the AUX for this purpose, it would be great if we could explore an alternative approach that would enable us to preserve both of the valuable AUX sends for internal sends.

What do you think?

Have a great day!

Tagged:

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,297 Expert
    edited February 23
    Options

Well…we have only this

But this will send all the main signal to second output, not only desired ones. So the external FXs will effect everything.

Otherwise, sending specific sounds only to cue will need to use a Dry/Wet parameter to allow dry signal to still be listened

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 609 Guru
    edited February 23
    Options

I think you can already do this by messing around with the output settings?

First, you need to decouple the default HP out config so that HP will not output any sound. Then you use an aux send for sending out from output 3-4, connect your cables and bobs your uncle

So, to recap you need to create a sound that receives its signal from Aux1 or Aux2, set this sound to output to 3-4, and then use the Maschine mixer for sending stuff to the Aux you selected

You might need to mess around with SETTINGS, make sure outputs 1-2 and 3-4 are active

Just remembered theres a video about this in fact!

It's all right there

• Infrabass
    Options

Thanks both for your help!

As I mentioned in my original message, I'm aware we can do this using the AUX but the idea was to use the CUE to send signal out of maschine.

Why?

2 benefits:

1. We preserve both of the valuable AUX sends for internal sends (let's say the classic AUX1 → Delay and AUX2 → Reverb)
    2. It's way quicker and more precise to activate the CUE on a channel instead of turning a knob to send exactly 0dB which is important in certain situations like sending signals to an external looper for example

• LostInFoundation
    Options

The easy solution would be having more AUX…but NI notoriously doesn’t take advices, and in facts more AUX is a request that is as old as Maschine itself…

Why don’t they add them? Frankly many of these questions not having answers from NI is a big mystery…

• Infrabass
    Options

@LostInFoundation

A workaround I found is to send a pad to another pad to add more sends.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Good suggestion.

And since we are left with working with workarounds, probably the only solution