Lost Automation for some 3rd party VSTs

kmarilleau
kmarilleau Member Posts: 6 Member
edited April 2022 in Maschine

Hi,

I have a big issue currently on Maschine 2 with this VST: Spitfire Hammers.

When I record automation on a pattern for this plugin and then save and reopen the project, I lost every automation only for this plugin.

I opened a ticket with Spitfire but they are currently thinking it could be a problem from Maschine and not from the plugin itself.

I don't know what to do to fix this issue.

FYI: I currently have the 2.15.00 version of Maschine and had the same problem with the previous version(2.14.xx). I am using Maschine in standalone.

Tagged:

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,503 Expert

When you say you "lost every automation for this plugin" are you saying that physically the recorded automation is gone from Maschine or that the recorded automation is not controlling the plugin any longer?

If you do a controlled test with another 3rd party VST and record a similar thing, does that work fine?

Do you have a DAW (or can you download Reaper) and test the troubled plugin there and see if things are different?

OS and version??

• kmarilleau
    edited April 2022

"When you say you "lost every automation for this plugin" are you saying that physically the recorded automation is gone from Maschine or that the recorded automation is not controlling the plugin any longer?"

I am saying that the physically recorded automation of the plugin is gone from the saved Maschine project.

"Do you have a DAW (or can you download Reaper) and test the troubled plugin there and see if things are different?"

Support Staff at Spitfire confirm that there is no problem with any other DAWs with Automation on the Spitfire Hammers plugin.

"If you do a controlled test with another 3rd party VST and record a similar thing, does that work fine?"

I just tried with Nucleus LE and it works fine.

"OS and version??"

On my side I am using the following OS:

Edition: Windows 11 Pro

Version: 21H2

OS Build: 22000.613

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,524 admin

Hi @Jeremy_NI Could this be an issue with Maschine iyo?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,113 mod

Hey @kmarilleau We will try to reproduce the issue, as we'll need more info on your system so I'll contact you by email.

• kmarilleau

Hi,

Do you have any news from your developers about this issue?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,113 mod

@kmarilleau It's still in the backlog, don't hesitate to ping me again on that topic after the next update is released.