Cant figure out how to connect USB turntable to Maschine 2, is there someone to call?

Options
Orbitz
Orbitz Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
I have purchased an Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB. I plugged the USB into my computer and I can get sound coming out of my monitors. When I try to get Maschine to start to sample, it won't even recognize it. I put it on "WASAPI (Exclusive Mode)" and Maschine recognizes it, and the sound bar starts moving, but I can't hear anything. Please help. Thanks. I'm about ready to smash all of this with a hammer.
Tagged:

Answers

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    Options

That makes sense actually. I'm assuming when you said Maschine recognizes it, you changed your audio device in Maschine to your USB turntable? Unfortunately Maschine isn't like Guitar Rig, so it only has one audio device, you can't use one audio device as input and another as output, so that explains why you couldn't hear the audio.

I'm honestly not sure if it's possible to do what you're trying to do. Because the USB table will present itself as it's own audio device. If you had a Maschine MK3 or M+ then there would be a way, but with the software alone I'm fairly certain it's not possible.

I would take your table back and just get one with analog audio outputs. Then you can simply follow this guide and be on your way to sampling.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/komplete-audio-1-quickstart/sampling-in-maschine/

• Orbitz
    Options
    Thanks, it does have two L and R outputs on the back. I should get some wires for that then?
  • Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

If Maschine is seeing the device and you can see Audio bars moving, then press the RIGHT ARROW on Maschine until you see MONITOR (turn that on). You should be able to hear the input live.

I wouldn't connect the turntable's Audio L/R to Maschine unless you have a preamp in between, like a DJ mixer. Or unless the turntable has line level out. Phono level is very low and the Maschine's Stereo Line-in doesnt pump enough level for Phono Turntables.

• reffahcs
    Options

I'd try what @Vic Angelo suggested first, regarding monitor mode. And as they mentioned you'll need a pre-amp to connect the RCA outputs of your table to another audio device as they are typically very low level. There are some newer turntables that have amps built in though. Do you mind sharing which model turntable you're using?

• Orbitz
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I have a Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB.
  • Orbitz
    Options
    I tried the monitor on option and it didnt work. I can still sample but I cant hear anything while doing it until I play the sample back afterward haha.
  • reffahcs
    Options

My Pioneer doesn't have USB, otherwise I'd give it a go to help. Sorry boss. Good news is phono amps aren't too expensive. I'm sure if you post back here for recommendations there's loads of people that can help you.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    Options

This isn’t working because as mentioned in reffahcs first answer, once you plug the USB turntable into Maschine and select it in order to have its audio come in, it becomes the audio interface Maschine is using, bypassing the internal one. Therefore also the audio output will be managed by the turntable’s audio interface. The only way to ear anything will be through its outputs, not through Maschine’s ones