Send FX to Xone 96

Options
phil_a
phil_a Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
Hello,

I use Maschine 2 and the Maschine MK3 controller for my DJ set-up in conjunction with an Xone 96 mixer. I would like to send a reverb from the software to one of the two send/return channels of the mixer, which would save me the need for an external effects unit. With other DAW's like Ableton this is possible without any problems, unfortunately I could not find anything with Maschine 2 and therefore I turn to you and maybe you can tell me a) if this is possible at all and b) what exactly I have to set and configure so that I can use the effect on my mixer.

I Play also with Traktor and I know I can use a FX Section to send them to the Mixer, but I play up to 4 Decks and I need all FX Sections for all my decks.

I use a Mac if this is important.

I look forward to an answer from you.

Phil

Best Answers

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

in Maschine you have 4 stereo inputs you can bring sound into or 8 monos L&R per channel

how you decide to bring the sound in is up to your, whether virtual or physical

create group/go on the sound slot/ click input.. add FXplugins and then send it through the output

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

6xes has the right idea, but you need more details

1.) Make sure your inputs and outputs are enable in PREFERENCES, Assign a MASCHINE OUT number.

Example MASCHINE OUT 2 (Also know as "Ext. 2" in the Mixer section) send to Channel 11/12 on the XONE96 for Send A and 13/14 for Send B, I might be wrong on the number but you get the idea.

2.) Use the routing options in either CHANNEL or in the MIXER, to route the Group or Sound audio out to the corresponding MASCHINE OUT you assigned to Send A and Send B

Answers

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

in Maschine you have 4 stereo inputs you can bring sound into or 8 monos L&R per channel

how you decide to bring the sound in is up to your, whether virtual or physical

create group/go on the sound slot/ click input.. add FXplugins and then send it through the output

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

6xes has the right idea, but you need more details

1.) Make sure your inputs and outputs are enable in PREFERENCES, Assign a MASCHINE OUT number.

Example MASCHINE OUT 2 (Also know as "Ext. 2" in the Mixer section) send to Channel 11/12 on the XONE96 for Send A and 13/14 for Send B, I might be wrong on the number but you get the idea.

2.) Use the routing options in either CHANNEL or in the MIXER, to route the Group or Sound audio out to the corresponding MASCHINE OUT you assigned to Send A and Send B

• phil_a
    phil_a Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options
    @6xes @"Vic Angelo"

Hey Mates,

it Works! Many Thanks! Now I use Channel 1-4 for Traktor, 9/10 for the Reverb to use it for the other Channels and 11/12 for the Instruments that came from the MK3. I Think for now my Set Up is complete.

A thing that is a litte annoying that Maschine 2 does not recognize the two K2 Controller (Channel 1 and Channel 2), the Software thinks is one, so I have to work around, but its ok.