Guitar Rig 5 is missing

Options
tam2000k2
tam2000k2 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
I have posted this same topic on the Steinberg forums, but no response as of yet. Probably because I am using Cubase 8.5, which is very old

I am running a Windows 11 on an Asus laptop and using Cubase 8.5

I have been recording on this laptop for almost a year, with little to no issues, until now.

I start up Cubase, select a project that I just finished a little over a week ago, in which I used the Guitar Rig 5 effect to give my guitar a “warmer” to the acoustic recording. However, I am prompted that Guitar Rig 5 is missing

I run a re-scan through the plugin manager and it confirms that the only effect missing is Guitar Rig 5 - where did it go?

No bother, I open the Native Access and re-install (Guitar Rig 5 Pro). Restart, and the whole nine yards. Now a re-scan does not even show it listed - ******?

I am at a loss. This does not make sense. Even more so, when I look in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2 - NI is not listed

I look under Common Files to see NI folder, which I point the Plugin Manager to scan that directory, but it finds nothing - ******!

There was no update to the system, that I am aware of, so how can it just be GONE!!!

Comments

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 989 Guru
    Options

Hmm...interesting - which version of Native Access?

VP

• tam2000k2
    tam2000k2 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options
    I posted a reply to my own post, which includes screenshots - https://forums.steinberg.net/t/guitar-rig-5-is-missing/898382 - basically rename "Guitar Rig 5.dll" in the 64 bit directory to "GuitarRig.dll" and everything works as expected
  • Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 989 Guru
    Options

The bigger question is - why do you need to rename this file in the first place? What was it named when it worked fine last week?

VP