I'm finding it VERY difficult to buy the NI sales now. Here's why...

2»

Comments

• holonology
    holonology Member Posts: 84 Helper

Just coming back to this as we hurtle towards a likely(??) release of K15.

Before I understood how the upgrade system worked, I picked up a couple of the Play Series instruments. Nothing lost there, I've used them in productions already and we're still at least 6 months away from an upgrade sale as an absolute minimum, with SoS 2025 the next guaranteed sale on upgrades.

There is a world of NKS compatible (and extremely high quality) Kontakt instruments that can add to what Komplete brings to the table. For example, I picked up Lunaris 2, and a few Slate & Ash libraries, all of which have no direct comparison within Komplete itself. These have been a nice flavour on top of what I already own, and as good as Komplete is, it doesn't cover every angle.

So from now onwards, my approach will be exactly as you say. Upgrade Komplete, then "stand down". Each upgrade brings such a wealth of content that it's worth it to spend a bit of time with it. And then, once you're settled into a workflow - have a look outside the Komplete ecosystem, either through individual vendors, or even NKS sales on the NI website to augment what Komplete brings to the table.

• chpiatt
    chpiatt Member Posts: 86 Helper

Personally, I don't think anything by NI is that essential that I feel like I need it right away. You may feel differently, but my strategy is just to wait until the Summer Sale after they announce the new version of Komplete to upgrade then at 50% off. And I don't ever buy any other Native Instrument stuff in between - just do the upgrade of Komplete Ultimate. If you feel like you reallllly want something specific in between these upgrades, only buy on sale and with vouchers imo. Better to spend your money elsewhere imo.

This discussion has been closed.