MIDI Recieve Clock Issue

Options
LincolnBanks
LincolnBanks Member Posts: 5 Member

I have had my Maschine+ since pre-order and I have never really been able to integrate it confidently into my studio set up. Mainly due to clock transport issues. I don’t want Maschine to be master. I want Maschine to recieve clock and transport but I have always had issues with this.

last time I contacted NI about this the only work around they told me to do was to unplug MIDI cable going into MIDI IN before start up but during startup and before the main project screen - plug the MIDI cable back into the Maschine+ MIDI IN. This resets the connection or something. Doesn’t work everytime but was working mostly.

Needless to say I got fed up and Maschine was put on shelf. I have just tried to integrate again but I needed to do an update. Completed Maschine+ updates over WiFi but now the Recieve Clock / Transport will not work at all..

I can’t believe there are still MIDI Sync issues. £1000 wasted on this Maschine..

Anybody else have similar issues of fixes??

Tagged:

Best Answer

• LincolnBanks
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are yes….

Thanks guys. Been a while since I had my M+ out..

I have now done the firmware update and thank god - seems to be okay..

At last I can use my M+ in current set up..

Thanks for the prompt guys. I’d lost all hope with M+ for a while, hence not using it since sync issues.

Here’s to a new M+ era 👍

Answers

• LincolnBanks
    Options

#darkwaves - yes updated firmware this morning. Not had my Maschine+ on for a while now due to ongoing issue with clock and transport.

it was working as normal, I say normal, as I was told by NI workaround . Unplug midi cable , restart machine then plug midi cable back in on restart. Now that won’t even work.

i am absolutely sick of this machine. No reliability at all. Update after update, bug fix after bug fix and still can’t get it to work as it was advertised to work,

surely clock and transport are basic to install and get right. Been years now with this Clock Recieve Transport issue.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru
    Options

Just to confirm: The firmware isn't done over the air. You have to download on your computer and manually update the device. The link I posted above gives instructions.

You're describing an issue that many complained about a long time ago, but was fixed with the update. Many missed the update because you don't get a prompt for it.

If you've truly done that update; then no clue. Good luck.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    Options

I used to have clock slaving issues as well. Upgrading the M+ firmware to 1.9 fixed the issue (the update which you must perfoerm with a computer tethered to the M+ darkwaves is talking about above).

I currently use USB MIDI clock and slave sync is keeping up without problems. I dont recall having probs using DIN MIDI clock sync either after the update

• LincolnBanks
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are yes….

Thanks guys. Been a while since I had my M+ out..

I have now done the firmware update and thank god - seems to be okay..

At last I can use my M+ in current set up..

Thanks for the prompt guys. I’d lost all hope with M+ for a while, hence not using it since sync issues.

Here’s to a new M+ era 👍