Using komplet library with mashine + without PC connection

Options
O2GA
O2GA Member Posts: 9 Member
edited February 13 in Maschine

Hello everyone,

I'm considering upgrading from Mashine mikro mk3 to Mashine+ as I need to produce music outside of my studio. I have Komplet and some Mashine expansions.

Sorry if my question is stupid or already asked somewhere, but can I load or otherwise access my current library from Maschine+ when I'm out?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,

Olivier

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,941 Guru
    Options

There is a video on Youtube that might help you.

Here is a screenshot of the video.

• O2GA
    Options

Thanks a lot for the feedback. But I'm talking about Maschine Plus. My question could be down to : can we load komplete inside Maschine plus?

• Milos
    Options

Oh...

Well...perhaps this screenshot is for you.

Maybe you should type this inside the browser to get more info...

Let me know if it helped, good sir.

• O2GA
    edited February 13
    Options

Thanks a lot. I think I found the answer.

If I have it right, maschine plus can't handle Komplete and is done for small autonomous project. But with the clip functionality I think I can import stems of bigger projet (in audio) and will be able to craft project outside my studio...

• Milos
    Options

Ok, nice!

Glad the issue is solved at last!

Have a nice day!

• O2GA
    Options

Have a noce day too.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    edited February 14
    Options

Most of the Komplete products will not work in Maschine+ standalone. You are limited to using:

FM8

Massive

Monark

Reaktor

Kontakt

Maschine Mono and Poly synths

however, if you resample your Kontakt content into samples/loops in Maschine desktop, these resampled assets do open in M+ standalone

• O2GA
    Options

Ok Thanks a lot tetsuneko for the information. It should be good for me, I plan to make rough projects with it including recording voices outside my studio. The fact that their the possibility to record instruments and mic is very interesting.

• tetsuneko
    edited February 15
    Options

I would recommend that you use some sort of mic preamp if you intend to record vocals into M+ standalone. One option could be one of the Native Audio interfaces, which are reported to be working with M+ standalone, as those also have mic preamps.

You might get away with plugging something like a Shure SM58 directly into M+, but I personally have not tested this. Also, I like to use standalone mic preamps with micophones (such as Neve & API preamps) instead of audio interface mic pres so YMMV

• O2GA
    Options

Yeah, thanks a lot for the advice. I was planning to use one. I have an old little tube mic preamp that will do the trick. It's probably not the best device but I'm just looking to do a basic project at first... I searched the internet to get more information and see if people were doing what I had the intention to do. I found some great tutorials and am now confident that Maschine-plus will meet my exact needs. This seems to be really, really powerful. I can't wait to get my hands on it!!

• tetsuneko
    edited February 16
    Options

A tube mic pre will do nicely, even if it's an Art branded one ;) you can add a noise gate in Maschine if input gets too hissy

Yeah, I have a vox chain in my Maschine+ for one vocalist, the mic signal comes from my 500 series lunchbox (mic pre + compression), into M+, running EQ and Autotune (A Reaktor user fx), aux sending to Raum for delay/reverb, works great with acceptable latency 👍 Once I get another M+, we are planning on having some gigs with the setup (I want to be running two Maschine+'s into a DJ mixer for maximum flexibility and redundancy), I can use a signal splitter to send the mic signal to both units in parallel

• O2GA
    Options

So you are using Mashine + to add real time effect on the voice?

• troxx
    troxx Member Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I still can't comprehend that to this day I am still not able to use something like my Evolve and Evolve mutation libraries in Kontakt on Maschine+, I hope they sort this out on the next Maschine standalone version.

Also, improve synth patch editing, have you tried to navigate the Massive parameters on a Maschine+ 🤯

Or if it's not feasible because the UI's of synths such as Massive or FM8 do not translate well onto the Maschine hardware, leave them as preset plugins and develop dedicated synths which can be edited appropriately directly on the Maschine hardware.

• tetsuneko
    Options

yes, and it works without the vocalist getting annoyed by the latency

• O2GA
    Options

Just a quick update, I finaly got my hands on a Maschine +... This is a beast!!! I love it.

I'm curently fine tuning my new workflow and let you know my productions if you are interrested in...

Thanks anyway for all the advices.

Cheers,