No Sound from Guitar Rig 7 on Macbook Pro's speaker or headphones plugged into MacbookPro

Options
Markusss
Markusss Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
I have Guitar Rig 7 which I am running as standalone on my MacBook Pro with a 4th Generation Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. I can only get sound if I plug in directly to the Focusrite's rear left speaker output. Is it possible to get sound from the Macbook Pro's speaker or headphones plugged into my Macbook Pro rather than the Focusrite or must I always use the speaker output on the Focusrite to get sound? My Macbook has permissions enabled for Guitar Rig 7 in the microphone setting tab in privacy and security and I have Full Disk Access enabled for Guitar Rig 7. My Macbook has my input as the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 in the sound setting, with Macbook Pro/headphones as output. Within Guitar Rig, my preferences has Scarlett 2i2 4th Gen as my device, with Guitar Rig 7 in L as Input 1, Guitar Rig 7 in R as Input 2 (I am plugged into the left and of course volume is turned up on guitar, input, etc), Outputs on L/R as Output 1/2. I do see sound registering on both Input and Output on Guitar Rig 7 when I strum my guitar, and I do not have mute on the tuner turned on, nor do I have sound turned down on the Pre setting, I just don't hear the sound. By the way, I do not have this issue with Guitar Rig 6 or Amplitube when I run them as a standalone.
Tagged:

Comments

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 848 Guru
    edited February 12
    Options

Did you set your Macbook Headphones as your output device within GR7. Pro tip, it's a lot easier to just take a screen shot of your audio input/output page then type everything out. I don't have headphones on my Macbook, but it should basically look like this for the output settings.

• Markusss
    Options
    Thanks, I am configured as you indicated (I'm not sure how to insert screenshots, but that would be easier). I tried connecting with an Apogee Jam X as my audio interface and I have the same issue... I can only get sound if I connect my headphones to my audio interface instead of my Macbook. I just thought I'd be able to get sound form my Macbook directly instead of the audio interface as I am able to do so with Amplitube, Bias Amp, and Bias FX.
  • reffahcs
    Options

CTRL-SHIFT-CMD-4 will let give you crosshairs that you can then click and drag around an area to screenshot. It copies it to the clipboard so you can just CMD-V it wherever you want it. Alternatively SHIFT-CMD-4 will do the same except save it as a file in Screenshots on your desktop instead of saving it to the clipboard.

When you say you can only hear it out of the back of your audio interface. Are you hearing the GR7 modified sounds or are you hearing your guitar dry?

• Markusss
    Options
    Thank you for the tip. Yes, I do hear GR7 modified sound from all of my audio interfaces, but only if I directly connect my headphones to one of the speaker outputs on my audio interfaces, I just cannot get any sound from my Macbook Pro speakers or the headphone jack on my Macbook Pro. If I plug headphones into the headphone jack on my audio interfaces, I hear unmodified sound.
  • reffahcs
    Options

Did you get this resolved. It seems like your output audio device is still set incorrectly. Have you set your output audio device in Guitar Rig to your Mac? It should look like the screen shot I pasted a few posts ago.

• RobyGSX
    RobyGSX Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Good morning, I'm jumping into the discussion because I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I purchased Guitar Rig 7 Pro yesterday, installed it on my MacBook Air M1 running the Sonoma operating system. I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd generation as my audio interface. Like the user mentioned, I've granted access to the apps for disk and microphone, and I can see the input signal, but the output doesn't allow me to use the MacBook or the headphones connected to it. I'm attaching screenshots to illustrate what I've mentioned, showing that I have no other options besides Scarlett and built-in. I hope you can resolve this quickly, as I've spent quite a bit of money on the software and am unable to use it.