How to run NI software on two mac systems using one external hard drive to store the instruments

Craggs
Craggs Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited 10:52AM in Komplete General
Hi there.
I have NI Komplete 12UCE, Maschine Mk2 and an A25 keyboard which I use on Mac OS X 10.15. I have installed successfully on to my 2013 Trash Can and use a 1TB usb3 external SSD which has all the instruments installed. Now I also have a MacBook Pro mid 2015 which I want to use when I am travelling outside of the studio.

So I now start installing the software onto my MacBook.
The thing is after I have set the location preferences in Native Access, NA still wants to install the instruments to the external drive. Surely there is a way where I can share the external drive with both systems without having to install the instruments onto it again.

The only option I can see is to purchase another external drive purely to use with the MacBook.

Best Answer

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,622 mod
    Answer ✓

You can use "locate" some of the instruments to the external drive. Some software like the VSTs and Maschine expansions still needs to be installed though. The installers put any content onto the external drive and if it's still in the same place it should work on both systems.

-- Mike

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,622 mod
    Answer ✓

You can use "locate" some of the instruments to the external drive. Some software like the VSTs and Maschine expansions still needs to be installed though. The installers put any content onto the external drive and if it's still in the same place it should work on both systems.

-- Mike

This discussion has been closed.