How do I know what's in expansion packs?

sleepson
sleepson Member Posts: 19 Member
edited 10:52AM in Komplete General
I own Komplete 14 Ultimate. It's amazing, I love it.

I've got an issue though - how do I find specific information for what is included in each expansion kit?

For example - part of K14 Ultimate included the "Neon Drive" expansion.

The Neon Drive product page tells me there's 45 Battery Kits, 45 Maschine kits, 40 Massive presets and 20 Reaktor Prism presets.

That's great - but how do I know which ones are from the NEON DRIVE expansion?

I would LOVE to be pointed to a list or something, where I can see specifically what is included in the expansions.

This would mean I can head into new songs, with "NEON DRIVE" in mind for example, and ensure I'm focusing on sounds that were part of that expansion.

It seems like such a first-world issue, but I can't find a way to see or filter my products by expansion, and I can't find a way to bring this information up online.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod
    Answer ✓

Just seeing this, we have these articles explaining what's an expansion: What Are Expansions? You should find other articles there to see how to use expansions in various NI software.

Answers

• sleepson
    Immediately after posting this, I realised there's a "banks" section when in Komplete Kontrol - I was able to filter BATTERY by packs, and can see NEON DRIVE and all other expansions I own.

This then shows me the kits.

I'm reinstalling MASSIVE X to see if the same thing happens, because I can only see 2 banks there - and only one for MASSIVE. I think MASSIVE and MASSIVE X installed incorrectly.
  • sleepson
    Reinstalling MASSIVE and MASSIVE X has fixed the issue and I can now see the banks properly, NEON DRIVE is there.

Reaktor PRISM already appears correctly as well.

Although once INSIDE Reaktor's PRISM, I can no longer view like this, and instead have to click the little library-like icon to take me to the previous screen to view presets via bank - same story with MASSIVE and BATTERY.

Is this by design?

Why isn't there a way to quickly change presets (and view them sorted by expansion pack) within the plugin itself, ie, without having to go to the KK library page?

I'm happy that I've managed to have BATTERY, MASSIVE and REAKTOR sort by expansion pack - but not being able to bring up a presets menu (sorted by expansion pack) within the instrument itself seems weird?

I'll try it in a DAW rather than via KK.

Opening MASSIVE itself at least has a presets menu - but it's alphabetical, and can't be sorted by expansion pack. I have know quick way to know what was included in any expansion pack using MASSIVE's built-in presets menu.

Same story with Reaktor - I load up Reaktor 6, open Prism.. and there is at least a presets menu, but I have no way to quickly identify what is part of any specific expansion.

BATTERY is a slightly different story - I am able to type in "NEON DRIVE" into the search bar, and it brings up all the kits that are part of NEON DRIVE expansion, even though they don't have NEON DRIVE in the name. This system is okay by me, though I'd prefer a way to actually bring up the expansions themselves within BATTERY, rather than me having to type the name into the search bar (should be able to just see all the expansion packs, and then what's in those expansion packs).
  • sleepson
    In a DAW, with Komplete Kontrol up + MASSIVE opened, I can at least select the NEON DRIVE bank and then when I hit "BROWSER" on my S88 keyboard, the preset options are restricted to that NEON DRIVE expansion pack.

This is perfectly fine by me! Will try the above with Battery and Reaktor's PRISM.
  • sleepson
    Works with Battery and Prism - this is perfectly fine by me, happy to work with things this way.

Feel free to remove this thread!
  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,830 mod
    Answer ✓

Just seeing this, we have these articles explaining what's an expansion: What Are Expansions? You should find other articles there to see how to use expansions in various NI software.

This discussion has been closed.