3.1.1 - 2024-01-29 FIXED An intermittent crash when showing or hiding the user interface on Windows

Options
PulseCode
PulseCode Member Posts: 132 Helper

Dear NI developers,

regarding 3.1.1 - 2024-01-29

• FIXED An intermittent crash when showing or hiding the user interface on Windows 10 and 11 <== this issues is not fixed I am still getting random crashes in 3.1.1 and on both of my systems i9 and i7 with different hardware configurations.

see ticket [Native Instruments - #4174833] zero issues with version KK 2.9.6. ran it for days no crashes at all...

Thank you for your consideration.

Comments

• PulseCode
    edited February 10
    Options

!!! Update: this happens when you load the plugin this time with 3.1.1, it was when you close the plugin with 3.1.0 now it's when you load it.

This happen just now when I opened the synth in your own library Factory Library 2 please fix it! (stand-alone)

• PulseCode
    edited February 10
    Options

.....and again, when I open retro machines... this can not be just be.... all VST3 plugins...

what's going on?

• PulseCode
    Options

again installed KK 2.9.6 and now everything works fine... why is that?

• PulseCode
    Options

Crash Log with 3.1.1

Kontakt does not crash by it self only when it's loaded inside KK with a library.

• PulseCode
    Options

Anyone else seeing this on a PC, where 3.1.1 randomly crashed on opening random libraries?

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 606 Pro
    Options

@PulseCode

New KK 3.1.2 hit Native Access today. Looks like it may fix this very issue you're having. Good luck

• PulseCode
    Options

standalone is still crashing ...

here is the log... if someone can read it ....

• PulseCode
    Options

back to KK 2.9.6 3.1.2 still unstable while loading NI's own libraries ...

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

Just stay on 2.9, save yourself some headache...

• PulseCode
    Options

I completely agree, I don't have S88 MK3,... just S88MK2 no need to install beta software on my PCs and go through all that hassles :(

• BIF
    Options

No...I have to say, something's not right here. 3.1.2 "SHOULD" have fixed it.

Jester, let's not assume right off the bat that it didn't work. I know that's easy to do given your experiences.

But my gut tells me that something ELSE is wrong here. We should not leap to conclusions...otherwise EVERYBODY would be having the same trouble. Some are, yes...but not all.

Tagging @Matthew_NI and @Jeremy_NI

• PulseCode
    edited February 17
    Options

@BIF that's why I attached the crash log, have not heard anything from NI yet, would be nice to know what is causing these crashes.. and why only KK 3.1.x is crashing and not 2.9.6? I know this is complex piece of software and have to work with all kinds of hardware. Other plugins are working without crashing so I assume there is something not right still with Komplete Kontrol 3.x ...

And the behavior is observed on both pieces of hardware. The desktop and laptop, You can see my hardware configuration in the signature.

we completely respect your gut feelings, we are offering, actual proof, in terms of crash logs and support tickets. see above...

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 859 mod
    Options

We are looking into this one. But @BIF is at least right that something else is wrong.

There may be multiple issues in Cubase, as the main issue 3.1.2 fixed is, well, fixed, which we've verified with many users.

• BIF
    Options

"There may be multiple issues in Cubase..."

Oh you ain't kidding on THAT. I just got done with a session of frustration trying to use Cubase 13 Pro with KK. No crashes, blackouts, or screen deadenings, no. My $-show was all other stuff, lol!

And no, I'm not convinced we can blame Komplete Kontrol for all of that. Maybe not even most of it.

My MK3 got disconnected from MIDI at some point, and after hours of messing with it, I decided to REBOOT my DAW machine. That brought me back to a point where my MK3 could connect to Absynth or Kontakt 7 outside of Cubase.

I'm going to play with this some more with a different controller to see if the freak show happens that way. Then I'll see if I can reproduce it and document it in some way that makes sense to humans. If so, I'll open an incident/case on it

Anyhow, I was up all night with this thing. It was the most fun I've had debugging something since I last used Jira and ServiceNow, lol! I still don't envy Batman (or the average developer...or college student) for doing all-nighters, though. Time for a nap!

Oh yeah, and Absynth is still fun. Let's do a Version 6 of it when we get all this other stuff working, m'kay? 😉

• PulseCode
    Options

This crash happened in standalone without cubase… when I was loading NI built-in plug-ins… Before it was happening when you close the interface now it’s happening when you load a plug-in. Does not happen all the time, but it will eventually happen if you keep opening and closing.