Where are my sounds in saved files

Options
Problymchyld
Problymchyld Member Posts: 5 Member
So I use FL 21 to make my beats. When I try to load older saved files with kontakt banks they load but without the actual bank loading. So none of my sounds are loading in. If I start blank everything works perfectly. But loaded files seem to have an issue. I cant remember all for the sounds/tweaks to presets that I used and it’s a pain to know that I won’t be able to work on older projects without it sounding diff from the original save. Has anybody else had this issue and also is there a way to fix it?

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,929 Guru
    Options

Well,I had similar issues with some of the Play Series libraries, so I just screenshot the settings and parameters of the preset before I save it, in case the library doesn't save the custom settings I made.

That is the best possible solution I can provide.

If it doesn't help, maybe @Jeremy_NI can solve the issue.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,070 mod
    Options

Hello,

do you still have the version installed you created the project with? Some daws can't transfer stuff to a newer kontakt version as far as I know.

• Problymchyld
    Options
    I have the same version of kontakt that I’ve been using I even went back and downloaded 6 and I still have the same issue. Apparently it’s more common than I thought and it does it with komplete kontrol as well
  • Milos
    Options

And...did it helped, good sir?

• Problymchyld
    Options
    Nope it didn’t help
  • Milos
    Options

Well, we should wait for Uwe to help you.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,070 mod
    edited February 10
    Options

To be clear we talk about a bank with several presets loaded, so maybe the presets in the banks are missing. Sorry I'm not the greatest kontakt expert maybe my question is stupid.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,791 mod
    Options

Since it doesn't say specifically then just to clarify : these 'older saved files' are they created on the same installation on the same computer without any changes to file system or locations on same version of FL ? Or if things changed then exact how much ? (re-installation , other version of FL , what ?)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Problymchyld Can you post screenshots of what you see when opening these old projects? What does Kontakt show? What does Komplete Kontrol show?

• Problymchyld
    Options

When I load an older project it load as empty multibank in kontakt. In komplete kontrol it loads up completely empty no sound doesn’t remember the chord generators settings

• Problymchyld
    Options

Komplete kontrol also loads in empty

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Problymchyld It seems that you contacted our support and they provided an installer for Kontakt 6.