Traktor Pro 3 version 3.11.0 44

Options

I am wondering how the functionality Traktor Pro 3 is supposed to work upon exiting the software. Does it supposed to save your settings so upon the next use you are presented with the same layout, settings you had previous or does it only save certain settings and others require to reset parameter again?

Traktor Pro 3 version 3.11.0 44 is the worst at saving setting if in fact that's how the software works. I continuously have to go into settings and select the audio driver that I use for Traktor Kontrol 3, It defaults to Traktor Kontrol S3 and I use ASIO4All. I also have to reset the Output routing because the Output Monitor defaults to Traktor S3 (1 and 2) for the left and right channel but no sound is heard from the headphones. I select Traktor (3 and 4) because sound us hear from the headset but I should not have to do this every time I open the program. The Deck Flavor i have to reset each time as well because it defaults to Live Input for Deck A which I have to change to Track Deck. Additionally, why haven't "ANY" of the version Traktor Pro 3 SAVE the filter settings on the interface? To its credit it maintains the filter you select for the two or four filter use have set but the parameters (meaning enable the filter and use the + - to increase or decrease the levels) for the filter you have to constantly reset

Tagged:

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,373 mod
    Options

All Effects are return to their default state, every time you open the software (which makes sense of course).

Filters and EQ settings can stay permanently modified until you change them again

Unless if you have this setting enabled in the Preferences:

In this case, they also reset.

About your output routing:

What is happening is normal, since you have a NI hardware device with its own drivers and, if i may ask, why on Earth someone would ever like to use this cheap ****** ASIO4all, while he has very good official drivers?! I can't understand that....

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Helper
    edited February 24
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sunborn
    Options

Maybe so,

i don't know Traktor Kontrol S3 but my Controller has 4 ins - 4 outs so i don't need Asio4all.

but the point of my question was, that there are much-much better solutions out there, also free or ridiculously cheap and far-far superior than ASIO4all.

Check Voicemeeter for example. An excellent, top quality piece of software!

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 25
    Options
  • Sunborn
    edited February 25
    Options

What are you talking about?

Who told you, or where did you see that "Traktor pro 3 usually records a mix in mp3 format" and that "traktor pro 3 only records the mix in mono"???????

Both assumptions are 100% wrong!

It records in Stereo and in .wav format. Unless you don't know how to configure it, and you choose just one channel in the audio setting.

And "they interested in controllers and DJ consoles based on instruments, this is wrong"???

Seriously? Traktor DJ Pro, most of everything, is a professional tool for DJs not some toy for your bed.

And yes, you can play it with the mouse, but it meant to work with a controller. And nobody force you to buy an expensive one. You can find second hand old (but decent) controllers, with prices as low as 50-70 euro. Anyone can afford that, at least in Europe. Even the poorest person can save 10 euro per month and get one in less than a year.

And sorry but if this is your case, why do you need Traktor Pro if you are just want to make some fun for you and your friends? Pro means Professional. It is that simple. Professional means some high standards. Period.

There are free mixing tools that can do what you want just fine. Get one of those.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,798 Expert
    Options

@Vladyk _Dj is right that when using WASAPI driver T3P does not allow user to assign Output Record and Master out to the same output channels.... If one has audio with only one stereo out and it has only WASAPI driver, one may either hear it or record it (in stereo), but not the both.... (I did not know that, I just checked on my computer..)

I do agree that buying simple USB interface is not big deal even for very poor guy. And also that Voicemeeter is way better than ASIO4All.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 26
    Options
  • lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,407 Expert
    Options

dditionally, why haven't "ANY" of the version Traktor Pro 3 SAVE the filter settings on the interface? To its credit it maintains the filter you select for the two or four filter use have set but the parameters (meaning enable the filter and use the + - to increase or decrease the levels) for the filter you have to constantly reset

With filter do you mean effects?

They stay for me the same after restart, but I also have hardware connected to control the effects. Could be that traktor reads from that. They reset for me after I change to a different fx, but that is an option that can be changed.

--------------

it is wrong in Europe,that there are such strict laws, people there are like property,a person is free and has the right to choose to be a professional DJ or to be an ordinary DJ, a computer and a DJ program and perform on stage with that..How strict is it that an ordinary DJ is not hired in a private club on the work because he refuses to work at the DJ console because he wants a computer and a DJ program.

Half of your posts are not understandable. They often seem random and unrelated ramble.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,407 Expert
    Options

Yeah, it's baffling they don't want to add an 31 band EQ to Traktor.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 26
    Options
  • Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 125 Helper
    edited February 26
    Options

For me, at least audio driver settings are saved. Even the the port mappings between different audio interfaces are saved in the external mixer mode.