playlists gone after upgrade to 3.11

Options

Hi everybody,

after I upgraded Traktor Pro to the 3.11 version all my playlists are gone!?! What's the best way to getting them back?!?

Appreciate any kind of help! Thanx!

(Laptop Mac Book Pro M1 Ventura, Controller S4 MK3)

Best Answers

• SebastianE
    SebastianE Member Posts: 26 Member
    edited February 7 Answer ✓
    Options

followed these instructions and tried it 3 times with different collections – collections changed (new Native Instrument Samples vanished), but no playlists were restored.

Okay! Now they came back, - after I opened the Music folder (iTunes) also the Traktor playlists popped up.

very much relieved! And thanks for your help!

• Low3
    Low3 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry for the panic- I fixed this by going back in the back up folder and opening Traktor 3.8. This one worked and I could export my 8 playlists from there, then load them back into traktor 3.11. Just in case anyone else had this issue. The previous versions are in the program files

Answers

• SebastianE
    SebastianE Member Posts: 26 Member
    edited February 7 Answer ✓
    Options

followed these instructions and tried it 3 times with different collections – collections changed (new Native Instrument Samples vanished), but no playlists were restored.

Okay! Now they came back, - after I opened the Music folder (iTunes) also the Traktor playlists popped up.

very much relieved! And thanks for your help!

• Low3
    Options

Hi I also have this problem, and I don't have itunes is there any fix please. I lost my 8 playlists that I have been working on for ages. got lots of back ups from every version

• Low3
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry for the panic- I fixed this by going back in the back up folder and opening Traktor 3.8. This one worked and I could export my 8 playlists from there, then load them back into traktor 3.11. Just in case anyone else had this issue. The previous versions are in the program files

• Harald Walker
    Harald Walker Member Posts: 27 Member
    edited February 26
    Options

Did you update from 3.8 to 3.11?

• jmp_music
    jmp_music Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi everyone,

Traktor Pro 3 (Traktor Pro Plus), for some reason, lost all Backup files: Playlists, Remix Sets, Music folders, etc.

I opened it today and it acted like I had installed it for the first time on my computer (Apple Macbook Pro, mid-2015), opening also the Setup Wizard.

I tried finding the files in the "username/Documents/Native Instruments/Traktor 3.11.1", in the "Backup/Collection/" folder, however, there were created only new "collection.nml" files, as well as all the rest the Traktor Pro creates when it is first installed. That means, that I lost all the settings too, and completely everything!!!

Any solution?? It's complete madness what this software did!

Thank you in advance

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,469 Expert
    Options

Please keep to one thread. Else we will have a split discussion, which is rather annoying.

In the backup folder is not a single Collection2024... file? That is odd. I never heard about traktor deleting them.

Do you still have an older version of traktor in the Documents/Native Instruments/ folder? Maybe you can get the collection.mnl from that.

• jmp_music
    jmp_music Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks for mentioning it, I posted it in multiple threads because I was desperate, however, I'll keep the thread here.

Exactly, there is not any file before the update of Traktor, and that's weird. It's like I have installed it for the first time in my life on my computer. There is an older version of Traktor neither in the "Documents/Native Instruments/", only the "3.11.1". I found only previous versions (Traktor 3.9.0, 3.7.1, 3.6.1) in the "Applications/Native Instruments/Traktor 3/Backup" folder, but it has only the software-running-related files.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,341 mod
    Options

Your posts in other threads has been deleted as per your selection to keep the discussion in this thread. Please do not post same question more places in the forum as that counts as spam which is why I were called here !