Komplete 14 due out... this summer...?

Comments

• chillosapien
    chillosapien Member Posts: 5 Member

So, I think I have seen this movie before. I bought K7 in June (on sale for $499). In August, K8 was announced and then released in September--the year was 2011. Hmmm--makes me wonder what might be coming soon.

• chillosapien
    chillosapien Member Posts: 5 Member

P.S. - I upgraded K13U to K13UCE during a Summer of Sound promo. The year was 2022.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

You will upgrade K19U CE to K19U CE XXL in 2033....

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,284 Guru

All the rules might change for Komplete 14...

Unified subscription plan between NI, iZo, PA is being planned?

Here's a communication from PA today:

July 4, 2022

EXT365 and the PA EXTended Summer Sale 2022

In the next few weeks PA will release many - but not all - plugins made by our Soundwide partners Native Instruments & iZotope.

While the teams in Berlin, Boston and Langenfeld are working towards a unified user experience for NI, iZotope and PA plugins, we are not 100% there yet.

BUT: we have found a way to already bring you some of the best-loved NI & IZO plugins... the new EXT365 program!

Now you have a great new reason to check your inbox daily in July. We will send you a whole bunch of exclusive offers from our new Alliance partners Native Instruments and iZotope, as well as additional offers from other PA brands!

What is the new EXT365 program? 

EXT365 is a program to add some of the best-loved NI & IZO plugins to the Plugin Alliance – right now, and permanently! Unlike the original PA_EXT program, which features flash sales for individual plugins from external (non-Alliance) companies for just 48 hours, the EXT365 plugins are here to stay. You will be able to pick them up at PA year-round!

Will the EXT365 plugins be included in the FOREVER 29 plan? 

YES. You can buy all of the new EXT365 releases using your FOREVER 29 vouchers! You can sign up for FOREVER 29 now and collect the EXT365 plugins, one by one. And to further sweeten the deal, signing up will also give you access to the new PA MEGA Sample Player and the BX Auto-Mastering App! What’s not to like.

Will the EXT365 plugins also be included in the MEGA Bundle or MIX & MASTER Bundle subscriptions? 

NO... but check this out! Since we don’t have a unified license system and installation manager for NI, IZO and PA yet, we are technically not able to add these plugins to our subscription bundles. We simply don’t have a technical solution yet to activate the EXT365 plugins for a month or for a year. However, you can use your PA Ca$hback Vouchers from our subscription plans to collect them.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,128 Expert
    edited July 2022

Touch some grass. None of this hints at anything that may affect Komplete 14 pricing nor does it talk about a "unified subscription plan". Let's wait and see instead of making up rumors beforehand.

Fact is: Plugin Alliance sells plugins from over 40 international brands. So far, Native Instruments and iZotope were none of those (see here and here). With those three companies now being united under Soundwide, it makes sense to sell (some!) plugins from NI and iZo on Plugin Alliance too. However, "no unified license system and installation manager" exists at this point, so all they (PA) can do is to pass out serial numbers that you have to enter on the respective platforms.

EDIT: Also, for completeness: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/blog/blogpost/items/ext365-ni-izo-pa.html

• nightjar

Since we don’t have a unified license system and installation manager for NI, IZO and PA yet, we are technically not able to add these plugins to our subscription bundles. We simply don’t have a technical solution yet to activate the EXT365 plugins for a month or for a year.

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

One wonders if NA2 release is connected to this future unification. Fascinated to see what gets included, probably needs a new topic

• Kubrak

@nightjar

All the rules might change for Komplete 14...

It may change in the way rules get expanded. Subscription plan might be added.

• nightjar

Yes.. I agree that subscriptions are likely to be an added option, not an only option.

Hmmm... dreaming:

MEGA Soundwide Bundle Pro $49.99/m, $499.99/year... discounts for owners of content.

Includes EVERYTHING offered by NI, iZo, PA/brainworx.

Several tiers below this with less content... as low as $4.99/m

• F1308
    F1308 Member Posts: 81 Helper
    edited July 2022

Price already updated to 999€ and can be seen directly, no need to press BUY to see the offer.

• F1308

This is getting cheaper by the second... 985€.

• F1308
    edited July 2022

I have finally found the silent power I always dreamed of to make music...

A perfect match for Native Instruments products.

• Kubrak

Nice. Still not sure, if it is suitable for more demanding projects....

I have ASRock DeskMini X300 with AMD Ryzen7 APU 5700G (8C/16T at 4+ GHz) and it is real dead silent with Noctua cooler. (My breath and heartbeats make more sound than the cooling....). And it is way smaller than Cirrus (only 15x15x8 cm).

I am really happy with that setup. The only downsize is - no firewire.

Also this looks nice. Real small (easy to carry), 6C/12T at 4GHz. Hard to say, how noisy it is under slronger load...

Sorry for offtopic....

• F1308
    edited July 2022

Lovely, thanks for the information.

Far from being offtopic, I think, as software is useless without the appropriate hardware.

• G.B.
    G.B. Member Posts: 73 Helper

No... it's off topic...

This is the "Komplete 14 due out... this summer...?" thread.

There are other threads that deal with hardware.

This discussion has been closed.