Template on controller editor and KK S25 mk1 not match

Gianni Maturo
Gianni Maturo Member Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

I have a mac and the template on my controller editor and my Komplete Kontrol S25 mk1 doesn’t match, until yesterday everything worked fine, but today on my controller editor there’s the same template, with the name on the labels changed etc. but on my KK S25 appear only the default template, anyone can explain me why?

thanks in advance for any suggestions can help me to resolve this problem

Best Answers

• Mark90
    Mark90 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓

It looks like the 2.7.0 update breaks the controller editor assignments on some Mac computers. I needed to remove the latest version of Komplete Kontrol and go back to an earlier version to get the editor working again.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Gianni Maturo unfortunately there seems to be a bug with the latest update. Perhaps @Jeremy_NI has a workaround for the time being?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Yes indeed,

In some cases you might need to delete this folder before downgrading:

Your-HD ▶ Library ▶ Application Support ▶ Native Instruments ▶ Hardware

Then install Komplete Kontrol 2.6.7

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

There's a temporary version of Controller Editor available now here:

Controller Editor 2.7.1 Mac OS 10.13 and above

This should fix the issue and allow you to use your S Series Mk1 keyboard with Komplete Kontrol 2.7.0.

Answers

• Mark90
    Mark90 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Answer ✓

It looks like the 2.7.0 update breaks the controller editor assignments on some Mac computers. I needed to remove the latest version of Komplete Kontrol and go back to an earlier version to get the editor working again.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Gianni Maturo unfortunately there seems to be a bug with the latest update. Perhaps @Jeremy_NI has a workaround for the time being?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Yes indeed,

In some cases you might need to delete this folder before downgrading:

Your-HD ▶ Library ▶ Application Support ▶ Native Instruments ▶ Hardware

Then install Komplete Kontrol 2.6.7

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

There's a temporary version of Controller Editor available now here:

Controller Editor 2.7.1 Mac OS 10.13 and above

This should fix the issue and allow you to use your S Series Mk1 keyboard with Komplete Kontrol 2.7.0.

• Gianni Maturo
    Gianni Maturo Member Posts: 2 Member

All problem solved, thank you 👍️😁

• XFX
    XFX Member Posts: 3 Member

@Kaiwan_NI What about us windowshumans:) Can we get some help too? I've just reinstalled NI form scratch, and it's broken again for the Komplete Kontrol S25 MK1 again in 2.7.2. I have fixed in the past this with the help of this forum like 3 times already, but this it didn't work.

(https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/komplete-kontrol-s-mk1-ableton-live-11.448839/#post-2072005).

If any one can help would be nice too. I always dislike to fix this awesome controller like all of the time. It's a shame.

It's a fresh OS installation on my W10 computer too.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited June 2022

@XFX When installing Komplete Kontrol 2.7.2, Controller Editor 2.7.3 should be installed, can you check what version of Controller Editor you have installed ? Could you describe what's not working exactly ?

• XFX

Yes sure. After the installation of KOMPLETE 12 on Windows 10, I did not manage to configure my KOMPLETE S25 in Ableton. I've followed the procedures o have it configured in Ableton . After copying the files to the remote script folder and the Rack in the library, I'm unable to select "Komplete Kontrol DAW - 1"

My Controller Editor version is 2.7.3.

The last time, I think a month ago I did a manual reinstallation op Komplete 12, and it all worked as intended. I did manage to select de s25 in Ableton Live in 1 go.

• XFX
    edited June 2022

@Jeremy_NI It's all working again. And it had nothing to do with the cable not being connected. Absolutely nothing. I know what I'm doing over here. :))) Not