How to locate installed expansions on a new computer

Options
2»

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,293 Expert
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Jeremy_NI can I ask why sometimes for things like this you seem to want to keep it a secret? Wouldn’t it be better instead of just hinting at it and then say to open a ticket to explain here how it works for everyone to know it? If then single users will need “personal” files provided, they will contact Support anyway, but at least a clear answer on how to do it will be available for everyone to read. And if the workaround requires a lot of work, they can chose if contacting Support or not.

This would also relieve some pressure on Support: people will get the answer here (enough to write it one time for many users to read it) and therefore go to support already knowing exactly what to ask.

Even if I don’t think THIS workaround is still needed (kymeia shows in another post a relocate button for expansions, so probably it has been added), it’s the standard procedure you use to answer these kind of things that puzzles me. Probably there is a reason, it would be nice to know it.

And while we are here… if it has really been implemented in NA, why making it again as a sort of secret?

The way NI takes decisions is really obscure to me, being it features addition wise, what to work on (see new hardwares) or communication wise

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@LostInFoundation It's not a secret, it's just rewriting some xml files so that can only be done individually and privately.

I don't think there is anything new regarding the relocation of expansions. I'm not sure what you mean here, maybe you can share a link.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,293 Expert
    Options

I was referring at the posts of Kymeia in this thread.

But maybe it is just a relocate (to find expansions already installed in the computer but that have been moved), not a locate (for new computers)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@LostInFoundation Alright, yes, now I understand, yes, it's only if the expansion was moved beforehand.