MIDI Out from plugins

Mythico1
Mythico1 Sacramento, CA USAMember Posts: 2 Noise
edited April 17 in Maschine

I am wondering if it is possible to output the "augmented" MIDI from a MIDI Effect Instrument plugin like Chord Prism or Captain Chords from one Sound slot in Maschine to another. I would like to use a more advanced Chord Generator plugin for one Sound, and a destination instrument for another Sound.

I see where it is pretty easy to send the actual MIDI selections from one sound to another, but not the augmented MIDI (a full chord based off of a single note selection). In the same context most DAWs will send the augmented MIDI (a full chord) to the destination instead of the actual notes that were selected on the track hosting the Chord Generator.

Some of these MIDI Effect Instrument plugins allow you to host an instrument within them, but that messes up the NKS mapping of instrument parameters.... Which is a main reason I use Maschine in the first place :/

If what I am seeking is not currently supported, hopefully NI could implement that at some point in time.

Best Answer

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 82 Tri
    edited April 17 Answer ✓

Maschine can't send midi out of plugins. If it could, we'd be able to fix a lot of complaints ourselves using reaktor. Much further than just a plugins picking chords for you. It's a decade old feature request.

Answers

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 82 Tri
    edited April 17 Answer ✓

Maschine can't send midi out of plugins. If it could, we'd be able to fix a lot of complaints ourselves using reaktor. Much further than just a plugins picking chords for you. It's a decade old feature request.

• Mythico1
    Mythico1 Sacramento, CA USAMember Posts: 2 Noise

Thanks, hopefully they implement that at some point in time moving forward.

• D-One
    D-One PortugalModerator Posts: 416 mod

I edited the tread title to make the topic clear. FYI this has been highly requested for years, at the very least since 2015.