Remotecontrol of parameters that are not automapped?

flyweight
flyweight Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi I ordered Machine+, Looking forward to it.

Looks like the biggest negative is that only a subset of parameters are automapped of plugins, native plugins etc. And as well as a missing instrument tuner.

Which means no sound design on Machine+.

Is there a way to use a remote controller to control as well the missing parameters?

For example for massive you cannot select other wavetables.

Where can I find the midi implementation?

Best Answer

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 587 Guru
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

You need to use an external tuner ATM.

Regarding Massive, it's a known issue that wavetables are not selectable. There is no way to control the wavetable selector(s) via MIDI as far as I know. The only workaround is to make a bunch of "template patches" with Massive desktop, with your wavetables already selected and then making new presets in Maschine+ based on those template patches.

FM8 parameter access is limited as well, as you cannot access the envelopes fully nor the FM mixing/algorithm matrix. Template patch workaround is the only solution with it also.

Answers

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 587 Guru
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

You need to use an external tuner ATM.

Regarding Massive, it's a known issue that wavetables are not selectable. There is no way to control the wavetable selector(s) via MIDI as far as I know. The only workaround is to make a bunch of "template patches" with Massive desktop, with your wavetables already selected and then making new presets in Maschine+ based on those template patches.

FM8 parameter access is limited as well, as you cannot access the envelopes fully nor the FM mixing/algorithm matrix. Template patch workaround is the only solution with it also.

• flyweight
    flyweight Member Posts: 4 Member

Hey thanks for the reply.

So template presets it is for now.

Cheers

Tim