Problem with absolute Razor.rkplr path reference in some .nrkt presets
Hi! I have a problem opening some 3rd party razor presets (.nrkt)
I get following error message:
"Error while reading file C:\Users\Public\Documents\Razor\Razor.rkplr:
Cannot open file C:\Users\Public\Documents\Razor\Razor.rkplr for reading."
"Locate ensemble" does not help; it will open Razor, but with the default present in it, not the preset which failed to open.
When I look this failing .nrkt with HEX editor, I see absolute path like follows within the file: "file://localhost/C:/Users/Public/Documents/Razor/Razor.rkplr".
As a workaround, if I edit the file with HEX editor and modify the path to where I have Razor, then preset opens normally with Razor.
(I have Razor in "F:\Native Instruments\Razor\Razor.rkplr")
When I look a correctly functioning .nrkt files with HEX editor, I see path set as "ContentDir file://razor.rkplr".
This seems to look the entry from registry and open the Razor from where it has been installed.
But editing this to the path is not enough to launch the correct behavior, something else is also different in the .nrkt file at same time.
So, here are the questions:
- is there a way to tell Reaktor to skip absolute paths in presets / tell it to look the installation paths from registry?
- if I open preset with absolute path reference, is there a way to tell Reaktor to save it in the registry/ContentDir way instead?
- is there a way to edit the preset files (.nrkt) so that they use this registry/ContentDir method instead? (hints to what I would need to change in HEX editor)
- 3.1K All Categories
- 15 Welcome
- 156 Hangout
- 23 NI News
- 66 Tech Talks
- 268 Native Access
- 1.4K Komplete
- 151 Komplete General
- 308 Komplete Kontrol
- 532 Kontakt
- 166 Reaktor
- 49 Battery 4
- 88 Guitar Rig & FX
- 71 Massive X & Synths
- 51 Other Software & Hardware
- 762 Maschine
- 570 Traktor
- 526 Traktor Software & Hardware