Native Instruments is now part of Soundwide + freebies 🎁

1235»

Comments

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 85 Tri

Who gives a flying F about an “artist board”? That’s all marketing ***** anyway. Do you really believe they will influence a product roadmap? Naaaahhhh….

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 364 Saw

It's got nothing to do on whether or not they would influence a product roadmap

Instead the Artist Board gives a hint at what some c-level decision maker sees as the primary Soundwide market. And this inaugural panel shows a narrower vision of intended demographic than I would hope for.

• nightjar

More interesting pieces coming together in the Soundwide ecosystem!

Mastering and Distribution.

• nightjar

Also.. feeling good about the PA influence on the broadness of Soundwide's genre reach!

• nightjar

Today, from the Facebook account of the Founder of Plugin Alliance and the biggest personal investor in Soundwide:

Dirk Ulrich - At this point the 4 plugin companies (PA, IZO, NI, BX) are obviously not using a unified programming framework, so I cannot comment on dev status at IZO or NI. I guarantee all teams are busy updating their software constantly though.

Key words: At this point....

• nightjar

A bit concerned about the design philosophy disconnect between iZotope and PA. iZotope signal processing offers GUI's that emphasizes analytical display info... PA offers GUI's that are skeuomorphic.

Of course there is plenty of room for both, but if things evolve into a "Soundwide unified music making ecosystem" in a few years, I hope both design philosophies are maintained equally.

I myself like iZotope's approach of providing visual data that informs me of the sonic changes. Emulating the look of a physical piece of hardware might be "fun", but it really is a lessor tool to delve into signal processing with more understanding.

• Danny O. Black
    Danny O. Black Member Posts: 1 Noise

Clicked on PA download and it says page does not exist?

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI BerlinAdministrator Posts: 752 admin