Maschine MK3 not working with Studio One 6

Options
jrux01
jrux01 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have walked through the steps to add Maschine as a controller in Studio One 6 with no luck. The Mackie Control template does not appear to assign notes to the pads for midi input. I'm just trying to setup the pads to work with 3rd party software. Never had such an unpleasant experience trying to setup a piece of hardware. May be it's user error but I don't think so.

Best Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,211 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Mackie template uses the pads for control, not for playing. If you open the Mackie template in the Controller Editor you'll see the assignments. Do you want Maschine to be a controller, or use it to play pads? Pretty sure the Mackie control doesn't let you do both, but not near Machine to test at the minute

-- Mike

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,082 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Then add ist as a normal controller keyboard as @mykejb pointed out, it should then work. You could use it for both, but then only with some workarounds so I wouldn't do that and you anyway don't want to.

Answers

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,211 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Mackie template uses the pads for control, not for playing. If you open the Mackie template in the Controller Editor you'll see the assignments. Do you want Maschine to be a controller, or use it to play pads? Pretty sure the Mackie control doesn't let you do both, but not near Machine to test at the minute

-- Mike

• jrux01
    jrux01 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks Mike. I am looking to use it for the pads. I have other controllers for transport and other actions.

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓
    Options

Then add ist as a normal controller keyboard as @mykejb pointed out, it should then work. You could use it for both, but then only with some workarounds so I wouldn't do that and you anyway don't want to.

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 198 Advisor
    edited February 4
    Options

About to add my Maschine Mk3, before I do the above, I notice Studio One tells me to download a .ncm file which is a template for Studio One.

I presume this is outdated? I see no way of loading a .ncm file into controller editor (it expects a .ncm3 file), likewise on the mk3, instead of "Control" the buttons labled "Chanel/Midi"

Once in Midi mode by pressing "Shift + Channel/Midi", pressing just "Shift" will allow me to load a template, but as the controller editor wont load .ncm files, the template wont be there?

See pic circled in red.

Thanks

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 198 Advisor
    Options

Setting control center to the mk1 and loading that file it gives me the following, which might be a helpful reference for setting up my own template.

Obviously it wont work on the mk3 as different buttons etc

• Uwe303
    Options

But if you really just want to play the pads you don't need that, just use the standard native midi template we're the group buttons set different notes to the pads, and add it as generic keyboard