New Maschine Mikro Mk3 not recognised with Mac M1 Silicon Sonoma

Options
Gerry Carson
Gerry Carson Member Posts: 21 Member
edited January 24 in Maschine

Hi All

I have just purchased a new Maschine Mikro Mk3, registered it and downloaded/installed the Maschine software. When I plug it in, the light demo flashes and the LED flashes for a few seconds, then all goes dark. I then run the Maschine software but nothing shows up in the hardware settings.

The controller also does not show up in controller editor or the firmware upgrade tool.

I have tried the fixes provided online (full disk access, deleting any audio plug-ins etc) but nothing has worked.

I use a Traktor Kontrol S2 Mk3 and an X1 Mk2 with Traktor Pro 3 with no problems (although I appreciate these are different tech/software), so not sure what is happening.

Best Answers

• themaschine
    themaschine Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited January 24 Answer ✓
    Options

I am in the same boat. Got my Maschine MK3 today and tried to use it on a Macbook Pro M3. It seems it is not supported yet on MacOS Sonoma so either you need to wait or install MacOS 13. I will wait I guess. Check this site: hxxps://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014900358-Compatibility-of-Native-Instruments-Products-on-macOS

• Gerry Carson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update on this:

I tried the Maschine Mikro on my Windows laptop but I was getting problems there too - USB device malfunctioning error and not picking up the driver which I had installed. Again, not recognised in Maschine software or controller editor or firmware upgrade tool.

Before returning the unit I bought a USB A to USB C cable for my Mac and this has worked! So either the original cable supplied with the unit is faulty OR I am dealing with different issues on Mac and PC (The PC only has old USB and not C, so I cannot test the new cable on this).

(Although I did try another USB A to USB cable on both Mac and PC and none of these worked.....)

Answers

• themaschine
    themaschine Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited January 24 Answer ✓
    Options

I am in the same boat. Got my Maschine MK3 today and tried to use it on a Macbook Pro M3. It seems it is not supported yet on MacOS Sonoma so either you need to wait or install MacOS 13. I will wait I guess. Check this site: hxxps://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014900358-Compatibility-of-Native-Instruments-Products-on-macOS

• Gerry Carson
    Options

Thanks for this.

I had seen the compatibility list for silicon but not the OS version.

I have also raised a ticket so I will see what they say, but it is not worth holding onto this if it is just a brick until a software fix comes out.

I may just return the Mikro and buy again at a later stage, if they get a fix.

• Gerry Carson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Update on this:

I tried the Maschine Mikro on my Windows laptop but I was getting problems there too - USB device malfunctioning error and not picking up the driver which I had installed. Again, not recognised in Maschine software or controller editor or firmware upgrade tool.

Before returning the unit I bought a USB A to USB C cable for my Mac and this has worked! So either the original cable supplied with the unit is faulty OR I am dealing with different issues on Mac and PC (The PC only has old USB and not C, so I cannot test the new cable on this).

(Although I did try another USB A to USB cable on both Mac and PC and none of these worked.....)

• Gerry Carson
    Options

Another final update on this issue. After a week of use, the Mikro stopped working again, completely. I ended up returning the unit as a hardware fault. I bought another unit and this had worked perfectly with both the original cable and the new A to C cable.

It is unusual to get a hardware problem with a new product but I guess I just got unlucky!

• Markland Beats
    Markland Beats Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
    Options

Is there any update on Maschine Mk3 and its compatibility with Mac mini M2 Sonoma? Looking for a Maschine Mk3 but Im afraid that its not going to work with my new computer...