Misscommunication on license transfer

Options
DisaiNer
DisaiNer Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I've recently purchased a second hand Traktor S4 Mk3.

The seller was to transfer to me the license for the following products:

• TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 HW
  • Traktor Pro 3 LE for TA2
  • Traktor Pro 3 Update
  • TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 MK2 for TKZ2

...and so I send him my email as I had previously created a NI account for such purpose.

However, before he read my message, he transferred the license to a newly created account. And now it seems that I'm stucked with:

• An account that I didn't want nor can I "control" (as it has registered an email account that was not of my choosing nor access), but that it has all the aforementioned licenses already transferred, making them ineligible for a 3rd transfer.
  • An account that I created for this effect with an email account that I control (and where I have centralized all my DJ activity and user accounts), but devoid of licenses and with no clear prospect of hoping to add the licenses I want.

I tried to change the email of the account that holds the licenses, but I can't. I believe that must be because the email of my choosing is being used on the account that doesn't have any license.

I think there are two possible solutions:

• Either my empty-of-licenses account is deleted, thus making my email available again so I can use it on the account that holds the licenses.
  • Make the licenses transferable again, so I can put them on the account that I really want to use for the software.

I'm happy with both solutions, so please contact me so we can start on the process.

Thank you,

Santiago

Best Answer

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,380 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Probably best to contact support about that. I don't think the community can help you with this. And maybe also delete your email from the post unless you want to be spammed.

Good luck.

Answers

• lord-carlos
    Answer ✓
    Options

Probably best to contact support about that. I don't think the community can help you with this. And maybe also delete your email from the post unless you want to be spammed.

Good luck.

• DisaiNer
    DisaiNer Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Yeah that was definitely my intention at first, but after a little bit more research I discovered that *every time* that I ended up on the url for that purpose, I was automatically redirected to the usual Support url. Took me a while to understand what was happening and stop my web browser on the page in order to fill a ticket. So I hope it's understandable how I ended coming here (I know it's not the proper way but I was kind of tired of going around the same page over and over).

Also... now it looks like I cannot edit my own post? So I don't know how to delete the mail that I posted ☠️

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

• lord-carlos
    Options

Top right on your post there should be three dots ... click on them and edit.

Though maybe editing is disabled after some time. I will ping the mods for you to remove the email.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

If you have access to account created by seller, you may either wait 60 (or 90 - I am not sure) days, till licences become transferable via ordinary Licence Transfer mechanism. And transfer it to your account.

Or you may open Support Ticket asking for SW and HW transfer from account A to account B. NI usually deregisters licences and removes them from account And you would register them to your account.

Alternativelly NI might transfer licences from A to B, but it happens seldomly.