M+ standalone optimized Reaktor content from the community

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,648 Expert

If we're talking about Reaktor Ensembles: AFAIK, it is possible to use Maschine's audio routing, but the Filter would need an audio input and some kind of envelope follower. I'm not really into Reaktor design, so that's way above my head.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 674 Guru
    edited June 6

Theoretically possible using the audio IO of Reaktor, but currently in a limbo state due to Reaktor user ensembles experiencing a bug which crashes Maschine when utilizing the sidechain inputs in certain cases

However, much easier just to add your own modulators & LFO designs to them. Those R6C filters are basically just the same Core macros that come with Reaktor 6 factory content, all I did was add UIs to them. IIRC didnt even come up with no fancy knob scaling for them, so their control response isnt the most musical in the world.. Perfect starting points for getting into Reaktor patching with M+ standalone, if you want to improve upon them ;)

• elan benaroch
    elan benaroch Member Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 7

sounds good. happy to report I got the juno 60 working properly after a few days of screwing around, I think I maybe have it figured out lets see.

if anyone needs it

• elan benaroch

yep give it a go

• elan benaroch

anyone have a good TB303 type synth going in M+ ?

I downloaded one called 'bass for brains' thats sounds great but the sequencer part has maybe too many params Im going to mess around with it and see what I can come up with

• ozon
    edited June 11

Really depends on what you’re looking for. Lots of folks neither care about the filter nor the sequencer and are happy with samples. But If you care and would like to integrate tightly with the Maschine sequencer, then the internal Bass Synth might be the way to go. Keep in mind you can automate every parameter in each pattern.

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 462 Pro
    edited June 11

I will do!!

The internal bass synth is great for 303-sounding stuff. Making own silly patterns and playing around with filter and resonance and you’ll have loads of fun. Turn on arp and more octaves and try different things. Great waste of time:)

• JustusHall
    JustusHall Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi,

Is it possible to use The Finger in standalone mode? I managed to make a version and it loads fine but when i route a group to the finger no sound. I’m probably doing something wrong here.
    I also made a version of Optimus Prime and that works but is very laggy even though the cpu is at 17%. Anybody tried it and had better results?

Thanks!

Best

Just

• ozon

@JustusHall The Finger is a licensed instrument by NI and, like other Ensembles mentioned above, will not work if not provided by NI through the regular installation process.

• JustusHall

@ozon I bought it thinking it would work in standalone, that’s on me.
    Still curious why it loads op perfectly but doesn’t pass the sound.
    Hopefully NI ports more of their effects in the future.
    I’m going to redo Optimus Prime and see how that goes.

Thanks 👍

• elan benaroch

yeah some ensembles are a real challenge, currently trying to port the synth section of Akkord to M+, loads with all the parameters mapped but no sound.

I wish they would simplify porting process within reaktor software somehow. would make it so much easier.

• ozon

@JustusHall asked

Still curious why it loads op perfectly but doesn’t pass the sound.

Because it is not licensed for your M+. I‘m pretty sure it behaves the same on the desktop if you copy The Finger to a computer without licensing it.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 674 Guru

yes, any Reaktor content utilizing DRM (ie any Reaktor based thing NI sells, such as Razor, Finger etc) will not work. Might load but will not output sound. This is by design. Only the "Reaktor Factory Selection" content is officially supported for M+ standalone, with everything else, we are on our own..

I have not checked this Optimus Prime, so dont know what might cause it to be laggy.. Link to the RUL please?

• JustusHall

@tetsuneko Hi, i started from scratch and got it to work except for mapping the control parameters. Without these controls it’s kinda useless. I tried midi learn, mapping a macro to the correct cc but i can’t get it to work. The weird thing is that when i draw in automation the controls will respond and move accordingly.
    I noticed these controls don’t have a id, maybe that’s the reason it’s not working.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/8097/