M+ standalone optimized Reaktor content from the community

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,648 Expert

Reaktor Player only works with licensed Ensembles from NI. You need the full Reaktor license to use custom Ensembles.

• elan benaroch
    elan benaroch Member Posts: 39 Member

Ok thanks for the heads up on that…. I did find this link which I think will help alot

https://octobird.org/the-ultimate-magic-way-to-get-your-reaktor-stuff-running-on-native-instruments-maschine/

ill guess ill have to save up for reaktor until then

• elan benaroch

Im curious though how does maschine+ 'know' if you have a reakor licence or not?

is it stored in the unit?

also does the core code for Reakor already live inside the maschine + and then when you load the ensemble it accesses it? Im just curious where the actual plug-ins code (for massive, FM8 etc) exists in the maschine it seems like a mystery to me, or is it all based off reaktor and massive and FM8 are just kindof ensembles themselves?

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 674 Guru
    edited May 14

Massive and FM8 are not Reaktor-based content. Your SD card hosts a hidden partition with all sorts of stuff inside it, I'm guessing that's where stuff like software licence data resides

BTW, as far as I know, that link you posted doesn't really add much to what has already been talked about in this thread (if youy read it from beginning to end, that is)

• elan benaroch

I picked up Reaktor but Im having a heck of a time getting an ensemble optimized for M+. I followed the video for adapting the juno 60 and been at it for hours with no luck

best I can get is a preset of the juno 60 with a bunch of random parameters

does anyone have that juno 60 ensemble set up for M+ btw ? maybe looking at it will help me figure it out

• tetsuneko
    edited June 2

So you did make mappings for your ens in Maschine desktop app? And then saved a maschine preset, reopened it in Reaktor and resaved the ens file?

That's how I always get the parameters showing on M+ myself..

• elan benaroch

oh maybe I didnt open in reaktor alone but yes I did do the steps in the desktop app, will try that

• elan benaroch

Does anyone know reaktor well enough to make a poly version of this ensemble?

its from the built in library and it sounds killer but mono only

• kamikaze1980
    kamikaze1980 Member Posts: 26 Member

Native Instruments is sitting on this for no good reason at all. Maschine Plus has been out long enough to give us documentation on its compatibilities with custom reaktor ens. We are long past the time of a dedicated user library for M+ Reaktor files. It’s very lame. Great piece of gear with even more potential.

• tetsuneko
    edited June 3

At the moment, its best to resample this with the Autosampler for polyphonic playing.

I ported that one from a Reaktor ensemble by gentleclockdivider, the synth is already polyphonic (utilizing 8 voices to create a single voice, each harmonic has its own "voice") so the algorithm within would need serious tweaks for it to become truely polyphonic I think (also, might not run on M+ standalone anymore after such modifications). Mr gentleclockdivider sometimes visits the Reaktor subforum here, you could try PMing him?

Here's the link to the original ens in the RUL:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/8291/

• elan benaroch

ok gotcha maybe I will try and ping him you never know.

I was having some fun with some of the effects ensembles posted in this thread, but one thing I was a bit stumped on is, is there a way, once I get an effect setting I really like, that I can save it? I know I can save a sound or a group but if I save an effect preset as a sound it will wipe out whatever instrument I have already on that pad right?

especially for something like the tape delay effects that have loads of parameters would love to be able to start with the delay set more or less how I want it, or a couple of useful variations.

• tetsuneko

Sure, you can save presets.. Not at my M+ ATM, anyone here remember off hand how its done?

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,648 Expert
    edited June 4

AFAIR: Select the effect for editing, then hold Shift and one of the eight top Buttons will allow to Save.

PS: It’s quite interesting to see where the file is stored when doing this on the desktop application. You can learn quite a bit about the intended file locations by saving different objects: Maschine FX, Reaktor Ensembles, Massive Presets, Maschine Sounds and Groups. By doing that, and checking where the files are stored by default will help you to better organize your custom content on the M+ SD card.

• elan benaroch

fantastic will try that out.

• elan benaroch

In regards to some of the filter effects posted at the beginning of this thread, Im wondering if theres any way to modulate cutoff on them from another source in maschine, for example is it possible to modulate a filter in the same way that you can assign sidechain source? or would the filter have to have an envelope follower section in order for that to work