How to Undo in Kontakt 7

Options
Pascal DE
Pascal DE Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello,

just bought my first Instruments from NI (Komplete 14) and now try to take my first steps with it. I am a Logic user, but with Kontakt I constantly break my songs by accidentally being in the wrong Track and Instrument and changing the wrong instrument or accidentally selecting or deleting a Rack in Kontakt instead of a midi track because I didn't notice that the Kontakt Window was still opened. But I was not able to undo my accidents. CMD Z just undoes steps in Logic not in Kontakt, although "Include PlugIn Undo Steps" is selected ( I also need to select this option every time, it doesn't stay ticked). I googled and also pressed all existing arrows in Kontakt that I could find, but nothing brought back my instruments or adjustments. It's a big pain trying to figure out what sounds and adjustments I have previously picked. How to do it?

Thanks a lot!!!

Best Answer

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,373 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

first of all, you have to enable the Undo option in Kontakt stand alone options, have you done this?

Then, you have to enter the "Edit mode". There, are the Undo/Redo options. They are not visible until you enter the Edit mode.

• Pascal DE
    Pascal DE Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Oh wow, thank you for this really fast reply! (sorry, I deleted the other post before I saw your answer.) I followed your steps and ticketed the option in the stand-alone application. But when I for example make changes in CHOIRxOMNIA I cannot find the option for edit mode to undo my Sequence. Also, I cannot undo changing the instrument for example because I am in the wrong Kontakt Window of a different track. When I open "the old" instrument, all my changes are reset. Thanks for your reply on a Sunday!

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,373 mod
    Options

You should know that, Factory content is usually locked. Therefor, you can not edit it. Still, you can edit the non-Factory content and whatever libraries are not locked.

What you might do, is to save the desired instrument only (not the entire library) in your User Content. In this way, it might become editable (though i never actually did it, so i can not guarantee 100% that it will work).

On other cases, you have to re-save the entire instrument in its original path and replace the original instrument (if possible). This is why your changes are reset, because you didn't save the instrument. Saving your Logic project, is not enough.

Have a good Sunday :-)