I Cannot Get Kontakt 2 (and Kontakt 4 Update) from Native Access

jeffn1
jeffn1 Member Posts: 19 Member
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

I am getting back into computer VSTs, now in live performance (using Gig Performer) instead of recording. So, I definitely want to install Kontakt and my sample/synth libraries.

Konakt 2 and Konakt 4 Update are listed in My Products with serials numbers, but I cannot seem to download/install Kontakt 2 with the Kontakt 4 update.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited April 2022

Native Access doesn't support those legacy products. You cannot activate Kontakt 2 anymore either. You will need to install Kontakt 4 from the original disks.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006053397

That said, if you have Kontakt 4, you don't need Kontakt 2 installed before installing it. Kontakt 4 is entirely self-contained (and IIRC can be authorized through Native Access).

• jeffn1
    edited April 2022

Thank you for responding and the information provided.

Hmm, I don't think I used disks for the Kontakt 4 update (I "thought" I dowloaded it). But, I'll look through my CDs.

Unless maybe I misunderstood. If the Kontakt 4 update is listed on my Kontakt subscriptions (it is, with the serial number), I should be able to dowload it and install it through Native Access? I'll try.

My OS is Windows 10.

Jeff

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

I am not sure, but you should be able to download Kontakt 4 using Native Access. I guess.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited April 2022

Kontakt 4 is not available under subscription, it's old and discontinued now. You cannot install it through Native Access, you need either the disks or ISO images you originally downloaded, in order to install it. If you don't have them, contact NI support directly.

• jeffn1

It looks like, since I am a registered owner of Kontakt 4, I can get the latest Kontakt 6 (with all its included instruments, etc.) for $99. I'll probably go that route.