Are there points for attaching straps to the KK S61 MK3?

Options
DigitalAudioDaily
DigitalAudioDaily Member Posts: 7 Member

I purchased a Liquid Stand and I'd like to know if the keyboard facilitates attaching the straps to the bottom. Upon initial inspection I can't find any specific points where the straps can be attached.

Thanks in advance.

Joshua

Best Answer

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,369 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Nope, it doesn't have a specific place for straps.

However you don't really need them. NI keyboards have thick square rubber pads at the bottom, very stable ones.

• DigitalAudioDaily
    edited January 2
    Options

I have children and putting it on a stand and not being able to strap it in worries me. Hey I just remembered I purchased the Guitar Center Protection so if it falls off I'll just get a new one. But joking aside, that seems like a miss on NI's part for not incorporating something.

I guess we'll see how stable it is just sitting on the stand. I may have to figure out how to utilize the straps that are provided by Liquid.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,618 Expert
    Options
  • Sunborn
    Options

but doesn't this depend on the length of the stand? in a way that the rubber pads are on the outer sides and provide resistance so the keyboard can not move neither to the left, neither to the right? this is how i have my keyboards and never had a problem, doesn't slide at all

• JesterMgee
    Options

And you have kids?

This is what I can understand from the OP as no matter how good the pads are, perched on an unstable stand, kids will find a way to knock it

• Sunborn
    Options

nope, i have no kids... but i have lot of cats who are jumping around in the most wrong places!

still, never had a problem, though i understand that a kid can damage things far easier than a cat...

but the point is that NI keyboards does not provide a solution for straps, so the OP have to improvise somehow (or lock the room so the kids can't have access)... i can not see another solution, unless he decide to buy a different keyboard who supports what he want.

• JesterMgee
    edited January 2
    Options

Yeah, I have cats and kids and a big dog, there is no comparison to a kid who may knock the stand accidentally because they have no clue about spacial awareness. Kids are more like big dogs in terms of their movements, not always looking where they go.

The KK keyboard is also projected at performers since the NKS mapping is always done in a basic "performance" layout, yet things like the oversight of having even screw down points under the keyboard like most do makes it a confusing product as to what it is actually designed for.

A suggestion for the OP. Get a board of MDF or something, cut to the size of the keyboard and strap that down to the stand then sit the keyboard on top of that. It will offer a little extra security, then just make sure the stand is well out the way of kids. I understand something more like one of the kids sitting and playing your keyboard and then they jerk their knees up as they get up lifting the thing off the stand and having it slip off the back, call it personal experience, but adding a platform under it would just be a bit of insurance. Would have just been nice if NI considered some basic features like screw down points under the keyboard. I mean,. even my 25 year old Evolution MK-461C midi keyboard has screw points under the keyboard for stands...

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,288 Guru
    edited January 2
    Options

From the thread title, I initially thought you were trying to rig up some sort of "keytar"...

Ha.. there would be no points for doing that!

In fact, we'd take some away.

• DigitalAudioDaily
    Options

I appreciate all the replies. I'll have to figure something out because I picked up a 2 tier Liquid Stand like the one shared above. Not a huge deal but disappointing to say the least as the device isn't exactly inexpensive. I do like the idea of putting a piece of plywood under it.