Native Access hanging on install

Options
Jesterman
Jesterman Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi, i just started updating my Komplete 14 package, half way through Native access is simply hanging on installing Session Guitarist Strummed Acoustic. Ive tried restarting application, deleting application, and the installers for this dont seem to be on my drives. So no luck now installing anything further until support help me.

Got a ticked accept but no reply any ideas ? Any way to clear cache or registry so Native access can refresh itself. ?

Ian

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,072 mod
    Options

Hello,

some biger libraries can take some time how long have you waited. You could try to manually try another library too and see what's happening. Also disk space can be a factor. Can you tell us your computer specs.

• Jesterman
    Options

Hi, its been waiting a long time i would say, overnight for example, and it doesnt seem to have created any folders or files for the application install yet.

I have a seperate 4TB drive, and an I7 WINDOWS LAPTOP with 8 GIG of ram.

Insternal drive stil has 10 gig left.

Ian

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,801 mod
    edited January 2
    Options

When asking for help then always give any relevant information , including computer type and specific OS version !

If you are on Windows then you can use the reg tool from here to remove remnants of installation in registry : https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003509269-Fixing-Software-Update-Installation-Issues-Windows-

But prior to doing that I would advice that you exit Native Access and then delete anything relating to the library from both NI Download destination , and from the Contents destination and also clear your Temp files

%temp%

%systemdrive%\Windows\Temp

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp

• Jesterman
    Options

Hi yes details as follows:

Device name WL2200057

Full device name WL2200057.EVS.TV

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11850H @ 2.50GHz  2.50 GHz

Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points

Tried the registry fix but the strummed acoustic doesnt exist yet in list.

• Jesterman
    Options

To add i cannot seem to delete many files in those locations as it restricts me on most.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,072 mod
    Options

You just need to delete the .iso files. Some files cannot be deleted cause they are currently in use but that's normal as far as you can delete the .iso files from native.

• Jesterman
    Options

ok ill try that :)

• Jesterman
    Options

Guys / Girls, i tried deleting that and it seemed to kick off process again thanks so much.

Now how i actually install session guitarist Strummed in the end - is another question for later :)

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,801 mod
    edited January 2
    Options

I am not entirely sure if removing the system 'Temp' files is necessary but I included it for good measure, but you ought also be able to clean those using a system tool , e.g. section 2 here : Temp files . The most important is that you remove anything relating to the library from both NI Download destination , and from the Contents destination , which is the gist of this help article ! : Native Access Error Message: Download Failed: "Unknown error" !

Also , make sure that you have sufficient administrative privileges on your computer to install especially to Download and Content install locations , also make sure that you have plenty of disk space on both Download drive and Content drive , including sufficient temp space ! If not sure then you could try to make new folders for download and Content.

Another possibility , try downloading the library from here and install it using that file , I am not sure if it is valid for both Windows and Mac but I hope so ! : https://drive.google.com/file/d/14hNVAb7F71j1DNv-K9gZSZvYiRUv43tL/

If problem persists then contact support !

• Jesterman
    Options

Thanks i will try this when everything else is complete or should i say Komplete :).

I really appreciate your help its very kind indeed.

Ian