KK S61 Mk3 MIDI Issue

Options
cerickson
cerickson Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

My S61 stopped transmitting keybed MIDI info. The macro knobs work fine, and I can browse and load instruments in Komplete Kontrol. However, KK, Logic, Live, standalone instruments, and my notation editor receive no input from the actual keyboard itself. It seemed to happen after the latest firmware release (1.5.5).

For troubleshooting purposes, I created a test account on my Mac (Studio, M2, macOS 14.2.1). Sure enough, the keyboard works fine in that account. So, it must be a corrupt preference(?) in my user account.

Does anyone know what might be amiss?

Best Answer

• cerickson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Support got back to me and offered a (macOS) solution; the keyboard is now functioning as expected. Unfortunately, I need to "be around for a little while longer" before I can post a link in these forums. Very helpful.

For those looking for help, check Novation's Help Centre and look for the article "My USB MIDI Device isn't working on my Mac."

Answers

• eponymized
    eponymized Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue. Knobs work fine, but the keys, pitch bend, and mod wheel do nothing.

• laserbeak
    laserbeak Member Posts: 140 Helper
    Options

I've had this problem in the past, there was a kb article that tells you to delete your database and reinstall (i backed my db up before doing so), and if recall correctly, that fixed the issue ( then restored my old db and everything was back to normal "shrug").

• laserbeak
    laserbeak Member Posts: 140 Helper
    edited December 2023
    Options

This may have been the article but please backup what you can, if you decide to use it.

I'd hate for you to lose your work, and NI doesn't seem to give adequate warning about that happening....

Hopefully it works, or rather, contact support and wait for them before you decide to make this move.

-edit-

actually, that didn't solve the problem, it just fixed itself at random.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/18105/loading-issue-after-latest-komplete-kontrol-update#latest

• cerickson
    Options

I routinely rebuild the database using this method, especially when installing Arturia synths (they don't always populate the browser right after installation). Unless I even brought over all of the user preferences from the account where the keyboard functions normally and replaced their equivalents in my user account. I don't keep any personal settings, so it wasn't a big risk.

Anyway, it didn't help. Still working in the test account and not working in mine. Here's hoping it will fix itself randomly!

• cerickson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Support got back to me and offered a (macOS) solution; the keyboard is now functioning as expected. Unfortunately, I need to "be around for a little while longer" before I can post a link in these forums. Very helpful.

For those looking for help, check Novation's Help Centre and look for the article "My USB MIDI Device isn't working on my Mac."