How can i repair my Headphone Jack from Kontrol S2 Mk3

Options
Dj Timi
Dj Timi Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello everyone,

my headphone Jack (3.5mm Klinke Buchse) ist broken off from the Platine in my Traktor Konteol S2 Mk3.

Are there any spare parts for this (see picture. Maybe the complete Paltine with headphone jack?

Greetings

Dj Timi

Tagged:

Best Answer

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,152 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

All stereo jack sockets will have three pins. By the look of it, the board isn't strictly necessary. You could mount a nice solid metal jack to the case (threaded barrel and nut) then wire the cable that connects to the white header directly to the socket.

My first thought when seeing the pic was what on earth happened, to cause the entire socket to break from the PCB. That must've taken some force.

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,909 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

You can maybe locate a spare part from a third party spare part seller or a repair center. Or if you can not locate the correct spare part or if it is too expensive then you could just solder a cable directly onto the circuit board and then put a female plug on the other end of the cable. And if there is no actual electronic components on the the PCB then even better then you could just get a male?/female? internal plug as is on the PCB and solder cable directly on to that. In both case though then both secure the cable sufficiently inside the box so that the unit will not get damaged from yanking the cable and also make sure that no short circuit can occur !

• Dj Timi
    Options

Thanks for the answer.

I have already looked for spare parts here in Germany, but have not yet found the right jack socket with 3 pins.

The problem is also that the broken pins are still in the board and hardly come out.

Are there any special spare parts dealers outside of Germany who might have these parts?

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,152 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

All stereo jack sockets will have three pins. By the look of it, the board isn't strictly necessary. You could mount a nice solid metal jack to the case (threaded barrel and nut) then wire the cable that connects to the white header directly to the socket.

My first thought when seeing the pic was what on earth happened, to cause the entire socket to break from the PCB. That must've taken some force.

• Dj Timi
    Options

I unsoldered the 3.5mm jack socket from the circuit board because it was only slightly broken and the contact between the circuit board and the 3.5mm jack socket was no longer working properly.

I didn't use force to remove it, I just unsoldered it. :)

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,909 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Sorry , to answer who might have spare parts and then to pinpoint those who may have any parts related to any single problem is a major Google and read job. This time , I am sorry but I can not be bothered to do it all again. Try checking this thread and this thread and then if you think that any of the places that is mentioned appear as appropriate to ask then ask them if they have or could get the part you want !

Hopes that you find what you want , otherwise take the cable with plug advice as an emergency solution only secure cable so that you do not damage your unit more !

Best regards !