Massive Audio Drops when using the machine as a midi slave
unfortunately I have now the next problem with my machine+ and slowly I lose all courage and complete trust in NI. - How can they bring out such an unfinished product, which has so many incredible bugs.
I mean I paid 1300,-EUR for it and it is not reliably usable under any circumstances.
I'm considering selling the machine, but that leaves me with a loss of 500EUR for sure. Live I can not use the device in any case.
Now to the problem: When using the machine as a midi slave, the processor load in the project increases from 50% to 60%-80% and more and causes massive audio drops. The track is not usable. Is this a bug or can it be optimized?
Very little information about the actual problem. Instead of writing up 3 paragraphs of complaints, it would probably have been better to describe your setup.
- What is your master clock?
- What are the master clock settings?
- How is it connected (USB, DIN)?
- Did you check for MIDI data loops?
- What other gear is connected?
- What did you already try?
Of course you can leave out the complaints, but the Maschine+ is the most frustrating thing I've had in my hands for years and it's unbelievable to me how NI treats its customers.
- What is your master clock? - Elektron Octatrack
- What are the master clock settings? - only MIDI Sync, no CC Informations, no Programm change
- How is it connected (USB, DIN)? - only via DIN MIDI
- Did you check for MIDI data loops?- no, I don’t have it. It’s a single way: Octatrack -> Maschine+ -> Korg Minilouge
- What other gear is connected? Only the Minilouge via MIDI Notes from the Maschine
- What did you already try? Yes. Maschine without MIDI - OK / Maschine as a MIDI Master - OK / Maschine per LINK - OK / only when is the Maschine MIDI sync Slave I have this massiv drops
- I also observed that the longer the sync runs, the more the CPU increases. First 60%, then 70%, then 80-90% within 1-1.5 minutes.
Thank you very much for the additional information.
Since I don't have any of the mentioned gear, I cannot replicate your setup. But I'd like to ask some additional questions:
- What version of Firmware is your Maschine+ running?
- Does the problem also happen if the Minilogue is not connected at all, and Maschine+ is only triggering internal sounds without MIDI output?
- How is the Minilogue connected (USB, DIN)?
I'm partly asking the above because I had the Behringer Model D crash my Maschine+ just because it was connected to the USB port.1
I just did a test syncing the M+ as slave to the MPC Live acting as MIDI clock master and observed no problems at all.
I loaded the Army Creeky Kit from the Expansion Body Mechanik and could jam around on the M+ for over 10 minutes without an increase of CPU. Also running the project 2PM in Catacama from the Indigo Dust Expansion and changing the temp on the MPC Live had no unexpeted results.
With the Project Fake Strap from the Expansion Lockdown Grind, the problem is repeatable!
The project runs above 60% CPU but when synced to an external MIDI clock, CPU is completely overloaded and it doesn't play back properly anymore.1
Did some more tests by deconstructing Fake Strap from Lockdown Grind.
It seems the increasing CPU load is caused by Audio plugins (loops) which continuously need to be adjusted to the fluctuating BPM of the received MIDI clock. In my tests it became more severe the further the current BPM deviated from the original Loop BPM.1
- 10.6K All Categories
- 20 Welcome
- 441 Hangout
- 58 NI News
- 205 Tech Talks
- 1K Native Access
- 4.9K Komplete
- 612 Komplete General
- 1.1K Komplete Kontrol
- 1.8K Kontakt
- 481 Reaktor
- 151 Battery 4
- 268 Guitar Rig & FX
- 202 Massive X & Synths
- 210 Other Software & Hardware
- 2.2K Maschine
- 14 Sampling Room
- 2.6K Traktor
- 2.4K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators