Is 'iZotope Elements Suite 8' ideal for mixing instrumental tracks or mainly vocals?

Options
ArtBerkeley
ArtBerkeley Member Posts: 42 Member

I'm considering getting iZotope Elements Suite 8 and was wondering if anyone here could give some insight on whether it's good for mixing/mastering instrumental tracks or if it's mainly intended for vocals?

Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,227 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ArtBerkeley RX is primarily noise reduction and audio repair. Nectar is specifically vocal mixing software. I wouldn't have thought they'd be particularly useful if you're doing mainly instrumental stuff rather than vocal. The other two products (Ozone/Neutron) are more general purpose so would probably be useful.

You can get 14 day demos of both Ozone/Neutron from the iZotope site so maybe give them a try?

-- Mike

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,941 Guru
    Options

From my experience, I would recommend using free alternatives instead:

KiloHearts Essentials (it contains nearly all free alternatives for compression, dynamics, eq, filter etc.)

Guitar Rig 7 Player ( you can use Split Mix to give your voice a stereo vibe, but don't forget to put a little bit different effects for each channel)

Here is my example:

You can experiment with the settings inside this preset I created!

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,227 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ArtBerkeley RX is primarily noise reduction and audio repair. Nectar is specifically vocal mixing software. I wouldn't have thought they'd be particularly useful if you're doing mainly instrumental stuff rather than vocal. The other two products (Ozone/Neutron) are more general purpose so would probably be useful.

You can get 14 day demos of both Ozone/Neutron from the iZotope site so maybe give them a try?

-- Mike

• ArtBerkeley
    edited December 2023
    Options

The KiloHearts Essentials looks like some powerful tools... I'll def have to add them to my DAW. Thanks for sharing these with me!

I have heard some mention that they can notice a difference between cheaper compressors (for example) and more expensive ones. Have you encountered any problems with that?

• ArtBerkeley
    Options

Thanks for clarifying! I'll definitely check out the free trials.